testtest

911 failure to feed

I had similar issues with my 911 Alpha .380 during the first 100 rounds. I called Springfield, and they offered to pay for the gun to be shipped back to them. They also advised that many of the 911 pistols seem to just need a break-in period. I held onto the pistol, and after about 250 rounds it started running perfectly. I'm not big fan of break-in periods, and 250 of .380 ACP can get pricey these days, but I do like the gun. I'm about 500 rounds in with no failures after the 200-250 mark.

I initially purchased the 911 because it was cheaper than the Sig Sauer P238. If you have to include 200-250 rounds of ammo to get the pistol working correctly, the price advantage tips in favor of the Sig. I love my XD's, and have become fond of my 911, but Springfield definitely needs to puts a little more quality control into the 911 line before they ship them out of the factory.

Got it back, and immediately went to the range. 350 rounds, and I had the following:

1 failure to load - round was stuck nose first on the feed ramp.
2 failure to chamber - round was not fully chambered, and a simple bump on the slide was sufficient to get it to fire.
2 failure to fire - hammer dropped, but just a click. Reset the hammer and it fired the second time.

All these were with Magtech ammo (200 rounds). 150 rounds of Federal went through without any issue. I did find that the way I was holding the pistol would sometimes activate the safety, but after a minor adjustment I fixed that issue.

While I wasn't shooting for accuracy, just speed (the range was rather warm, and I was sweating like a pig), I did discover that I am a much better shooter left handed than I am with my right - all 7 shots were touching at 10 yards. I did discover that I am left eye dominant, so the sight line is easier to maintain.

Next trip will be to a much nicer range, and I'll start practicing with the pistol to get used to loading with my right.
My 911 hates Magtec and fiocchi. Most others it hums along happily.

*****UP DATE **** 8/4/20
I received my 911 .380 back from Springfield Armory and it seems like my baby got tweaked a lil bit.
Work performed by Springfield Armory:
Recut and polished Barrel ramp / Polished chamber / Tuned extractor / Polished bottom of slide / Safety check and tested.
So with all this (surgery), my baby is looking like a "Barbie".....
Will post an update as soon as possible on how she handles at the range .
****** UP DATE***** 8/9/20
Took my baby to the range and she performed flawlessly. I shot 50 rounds, numerous magazine changes and not one issue.
Sights are spot on and I am VERY HAPPY.....
Thank You Spring Field for fixing my issues. This firearm is amazing to shoot.
I love it.
If anyone is thinking about the 911 .380
My personal opinion AFTER the tweaks... It's flawless.

****** UP DATE***** 8/9/20
Took my baby to the range and she performed flawlessly. I shot 50 rounds, numerous magazine changes and not one issue.
Sights are spot on and I am VERY HAPPY.....
Thank You Spring Field for fixing my issues. This firearm is amazing to shoot.
I love it.
If anyone is thinking about the 911 .380
My personal opinion AFTER the tweaks... It's flawless.
I’m glad you’re happy with it now.
my take is Springfield is spending a lot of money on re-working these guns,
Re-work in that volume can be a killer to the bottom line for some companies.
Pre ship quality control needs to get a handle on that.
My opinion.

Yea these situations scare me but mine new about 2 weeks is running very well. I bought a Alpha model which is a bare bones version but I upgraded the grips, sites . I’ll post photo once I get the new sites on. I’m using a Sticky holster which is pretty nice. Any other pocket or IWB ideas that be great

I've been very pleased with my XD-40 and my XD-E. Given my success with them I decided to get the 911 as a pocket carry. However, I've been disappointed with it's failure to feed the first round on almost every magazine change. Very disappointing.
Took this firearm to the range twice. The first time, the first shell loads, and the second does not. Send it to Springfield to be fixed. This is the video from the 3rd time they "fixed" it. professional instructor was the one who gave me the term "battery." He could not get it to load a 2nd shell either. Springfield says they can't get it to do the same fail. I call BS. Not long after I bought this, they discontinued making this model. That tells me they know something was wrong with it. Reading these, I see many others been having the exact same issue. BTW. They refuse to refund my money due to it being a "working firearm."

Back