testtest

Review: Springfield Armory Stainless 1911 Mil-Spec .45

This one will be on my list if the prices ever fall back to 2019 levels. I already have a G.I. version of the 1911 (Remington R1), but I've always liked the stainless steel models.
"This one will be on my list if the prices ever fall back to 2019 levels."
- Agreed, very nice gun from what've seen, read and heard....and once availability resumes.
Some people are one gun and done for various reasons. Others catch the "fever" and discover the differences in that guns are a cool tool, can be fun and buy many more in different calibers and types. So, good, bad or indifferent, the wait may be awhile?

This one will be on my list if the prices ever fall back to 2019 levels. I already have a G.I. version of the 1911 (Remington R1), but I've always liked the stainless steel models.
I’d love one of these myself, since I discovered on the practical side how much easier it is to keep SS clean.
Two things: not sure I like the looks of the traditional sights on it (although I can deal with it as-is) and I’ve never had a 1911 with the arched mainspring housing. I’m thinking the arch was added to aid in getting a quick reflexive grip position. Not sure how it’d work with my small hands.
Maybe we’ll see, one day… 🤔😃💵

D281D98D-22F6-47CF-859E-0AE4AA22AE6B.png

For those who didn’t understand my meaning of a 2-piece barrel, look just behind the last lug, you will see the fine line, this is the two piece barrel.

I've not been a 1911 fan. I briefly owned a clone in the early 80's that was a complete lemon. Couldn't get through one mag without at least two stoppages, and accuracy was abysmal. It also didn't make a whole lot of sense watching others plop down $600 to $700 for a US made 1911, and then promptly ship it to a gunsmith to have it tuned and accuratized (spending several more $100's of dollars), so I shied away from the platform.

Lately I've been getting the itch to dip my toe in the water again. Mainly because many of the after market mods are now standard.
Like another forum member said "When prices come back down." This Supply v. Demand market is outside this retiree's budget.

Maybe I'm in a tiny minority, but I never really understood the allure of a stainless mil-spec. A blue/parkerized mil-spec... sure. But to me a stainless mil-spec is like a stainless M1 Garand or M1 carbine. Sure, it's functional and has benefits over blueing and parkerizing. But when I'm going old school, I go old school. I prefer the Stainless Loaded with high rise beavertail, flat mainspring housing, and modern sights. if I want a stainless finish. But to each their own. That's the beauty of living in America [for now].

I’d love one of these myself, since I discovered on the practical side how much easier it is to keep SS clean.
Two things: not sure I like the looks of the traditional sights on it (although I can deal with it as-is) and I’ve never had a 1911 with the arched mainspring housing. I’m thinking the arch was added to aid in getting a quick reflexive grip position. Not sure how it’d work with my small hands.
Maybe we’ll see, one day… 🤔😃💵
i too have small hands, and on my S/A g'ment model, it has an arched MSH, and i can grip it just fine.

Mil-spec. So, you took the military prints and copied them to the letter? Every part underwent testing individually for tolerance and specs, every single one. The military had specs for three dot sights and stainless plating?
"Mil-Spec" is beat to death in the industry, and few understand what it actually means. Not that this isn't a nice piece, it is.

Back