testtest

▓ 9mm~~~ Buy Factory or Reload

SMSgtRod

Professional
Founding Member
Cost savings for reloading 9mm is marginal at best so do you buy them or reload?

When I need brass I'll order a 1000 Blazer, shoot and reload them.

What do you do?

I cast bullets for the 9mm. A 124 gr, gas checked, for high speed, and a 155 gr for sub loads. I have an endless supply of range brass, all pretty much once fired. Yes, I reload 9mm ammo. I can't remember ever buying it, except for carry ammo.

I think reloading appeals to me most for specialty rounds, where something like 9mm (that you can get pretty cheap) might be best just to buy off the shelf? But, there's still something to be said for rolling your own!

Same here, when I actually buy 9mm. But, my love is .45. Those big slugs are a different story when it comes to cost. I've found it saves money to reload those (unless I come across some smoking deal somewhere on ball ammo I just can't pass up).

Relaxing it is.... plus it's nice to shoot some TFP that I don't find off the shelf.
Even more so, 9mm and 357SIG are a .355 bullet. Now not all 9mm bullets will
work in the SIG but if I have them for the SIG why not reload the 9's.
SIG's can go for a buck a round and it's great to reload them at close to the
cost of 9mm.
Wife likes having me around, only out of the way. Reloading works for the both
of us. ;)

9mm ammo is really reasonable right now. About $9 for a box of 50 with brass cases. That comes in at about 18 cents per round.

I've been reloading for several years. If you find good deals on jacketed 124gr bullets, you can reload around 13 cents a round, so a marginal savings, but it does add up fast if you shoot thousands of rounds each year. However, I pushed it even further by casting my own 124gr bullets, and then powder coating them. Just a hair under 9 cents a round.
red before the bake..jpg

9mm ammo is really reasonable right now. About $9 for a box of 50 with brass cases. That comes in at about 18 cents per round.

I've been reloading for several years. If you find good deals on jacketed 124gr bullets, you can reload around 13 cents a round, so a marginal savings, but it does add up fast if you shoot thousands of rounds each year. However, I pushed it even further by casting my own 124gr bullets, and then powder coating them. Just a hair under 9 cents a round.
View attachment 583
I did some casting years ago but buy mine now that the price is down. These from RMR fly really nice in 9mm or 357 SIG. Shipping is always free.

RMR JHP.JPG

RMR TC.JPG

I can't recall the last place I got 9mm bullets from, but it was 7 cents a round
I got some seconds that were priced like that, shipping included. Awful, awful they were.... ended up in the lead recycle bin. I only shoot jacketed or poly. Then the poly is for the revolvers. Jackets for all auto. I don't bother with any of the Berry's Plated and such. But we all have to use what works for us. Be really boring if the same gun and bullet worked for all of us. We'd have nothing to banter about at the range/barber shop! :ROFLMAO:

Back