testtest

A Bear Charged Me – Epic Story of Self Defense in the Field

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
If legal in the state during archery season, carry a pistol for hunting

1631126417500.png

It happened to me once years ago during a very warm deer season, so I had my .308 bolt action with me.

Sitting on a hunting stool behind a clump of trees watching a little valley. I caught a black bear out of the corner of my eye running at me 20 yards away. I spun in the chair and pointed the rifle at him. At 10 yards away as I stood up ready to pull the trigger it apparently scared the he!! out of the bear. He spun around and his paws were beating the ground to get out of there so fast that he was covering me with leaves and debris. He didn't slow down until he was about 100+ yards away but kept on going. That's when I realized how fast my heart was beating. 😅

My guess is he just thought I was some kind of orange toy for him to go play with. I'm not sure he figured out what I was until I stood and he saw my legs. 😯

Interesting. A buddy of mine and Inwere just talking about the huge uptick in the bear population around here over the course of the past few years.

Used to be maybe a sow and one cub, lately we're seeing more sows with two cubs and now reports are coming-in of sows with three cubs.

The black bear population from the northern border of Tennessee down to the southern border of Georgia and everywhere inbetween especially including the Carolinas ... is booming. Tags issued are on the rise.

Back