testtest

A clean gun is a happy gun

Hi,

I should be more diligent. Depending on how many rounds I shoot, I will clean after every two or three range trips. I have three dirty guns that currently need attention. Gimmeaminute. ;)

After reading the article I realize I may need more tools. Oh boy! :)

Thank you for your indulgence

BassCliff

I love shotgun cleaning.

A couple things I disagree with in the article. The main one being using a silicone based spray on the exterior of your shotgun. As a longtime guitar tech and amateur luthier I can tell you to never use silicone based anything on something you don’t want silicone on forever because that shite never comes off. Just wipe the damn gun down and put a little oil on it like your grandpa did. It’ll be fine, believe me.

I always clean after each range trip
1711471435854.png

I clean after each range trip also, having dirty guns in the safe just bugs me. Plus certain guns get shot less frequently then others so it's nice to know that however long they sit in the safe they are nice and clean.
Yep. The old man drummed it into me before I was 10. If you shoot it, you clean it. Period. The only exception is multi-day hunts or the week and a half of rifle season. But even then I’ll run a couple patches down the barrel and wipe the gun down.

I always wipe on down and run a snake through it after use. If it’s been fired more than just a few rounds (or is not going to be shot for a while) it gets a stripping and decent cleaning-ditto if it was in wet/damp conditions regardless of use. I believe in taking care of them, however it “can” be overdone-check out the rifles used in Marine basic-they’ve been stripped and cleaned so much that a solid smack on the side will leave a pile of parts on the deck🙄. (I almost believe if you did it over a blanket you could pick the blanket up at the corners, smack IT and the things would Reassemble themselves😏). YMMV

Back