testtest

A General Question

HarryH

Alpha
I have a Springfield 1911-A1, and am very curious if the following ammunition would damage the weapon:
This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases.

This ammo is for cartridge size .45 ACP +P.

The bullet is made from Lead.

The diameter (caliber) of this bullet is 0.452.

This bullet weighs 255 grains.

This bullet leaves the barrel at 925 feet per second.

The ammo case is made from Nickel Plated Brass.

This ammo is a proven round for hunting.

The bullet in this product does contain lead.

This round is designed to be subsonic and travels slower than the speed of sound.

The muzzle energy of this ammo is 485 ft lbs.

This product has been designed to be an effective choice for the ultimate in self-defense applications.

The bullet in this product has a Sectional Density, (SD) of 0.17830571808957. SD is the ratio of an object's mass to its cross sectional area with respect to a given axis. It conveys how well an object's mass is distributed (by its shape) to overcome resistance along that axis.

This ammo IS SAFE to use in a suppressor.

The bullet in this ammo has a ballistic coefficient (G1) of - Generally, the higher the coefficient, the more stable the projectile will be in flight.

This ammo is manufactured by Underwood Ammo

Safe? Yes.

Will it feed in your pistol? Maybe; each pistol is unique, and what works in one may not work in another.

If it does function reliably, and you plan on running a lot of it (say, more than a couple boxes (say, 50 rounds) a year), you might want to use a heavier recoil spring to prevent it from beating itself to pieces eventually.

I have a Springfield 1911-A1, and am very curious if the following ammunition would damage the weapon:
This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases.

This ammo is for cartridge size .45 ACP +P.

The bullet is made from Lead.

The diameter (caliber) of this bullet is 0.452.

This bullet weighs 255 grains.

This bullet leaves the barrel at 925 feet per second.

The ammo case is made from Nickel Plated Brass.

This ammo is a proven round for hunting.

The bullet in this product does contain lead.

This round is designed to be subsonic and travels slower than the speed of sound.

The muzzle energy of this ammo is 485 ft lbs.

This product has been designed to be an effective choice for the ultimate in self-defense applications.

The bullet in this product has a Sectional Density, (SD) of 0.17830571808957. SD is the ratio of an object's mass to its cross sectional area with respect to a given axis. It conveys how well an object's mass is distributed (by its shape) to overcome resistance along that axis.

This ammo IS SAFE to use in a suppressor.

The bullet in this ammo has a ballistic coefficient (G1) of - Generally, the higher the coefficient, the more stable the projectile will be in flight.

This ammo is manufactured by Underwood Ammo
i have the same gun, and i feed mine either store bought reloads or my own..but my reloads for still the time being, are at the starting charge, not max.

i use lead bullets, and when i use factory new, of course it is FMJ, and i only shoot 230 grains, RN

i use brass casings, not steel or nickel.

i do not shoot +P in ANY of my guns, from ANY manufacturer.

i could care less FPS, ft lbs, or any other scientific data and measurement.

i shoot for fun, and self defense practice.

i could care less of leading of the barrel, i clean after each range visit.

when factory new ammo.>??

S&B, Winchester, Federal, Fiocchi, Armscor, Remington

i have the same gun, and i feed mine either store bought reloads or my own..but my reloads for still the time being, are at the starting charge, not max.

i use lead bullets, and when i use factory new, of course it is FMJ, and i only shoot 230 grains, RN

i use brass casings, not steel or nickel.

i do not shoot +P in ANY of my guns, from ANY manufacturer.

i could care less FPS, ft lbs, or any other scientific data and measurement.

i shoot for fun, and self defense practice.

i could care less of leading of the barrel, i clean after each range visit.

when factory new ammo.>??

S&B, Winchester, Federal, Fiocchi, Armscor, Remington
Well when I'm messing about in Montana, I don't always carry my S&W 50 cal. which is better suited in dealing with an angered Griz. There are times when the less cumbersome 1911 is preferred. My reasoning for seeking something with a bit more knockdown power that a stock round...

That's the round I recommended to a person who IM'd me for griz use in a .45 acp.

While I would use a different cartridge than a .45 acp that round is the best choice for it.

Back