testtest

A Hammer Fired Micro Compact

Looks like a nice offering from.FN. Question for those of you who use a red dot sight, is it good practice to use the sight to rack the slide like Ryan did? Seems to me it would be hard on the sight.
Depends on the sight and the mounting plate.
I do it with my Sig with DPP and another with the romeo.
Sight takes a beating from recoil anyway.
I dont to it every time, like standard slow fire, but I do on speed reloads

Looks like a nice offering from.FN. Question for those of you who use a red dot sight, is it good practice to use the sight to rack the slide like Ryan did? Seems to me it would be hard on the sight.
I tend to ride my red dot when I rack with my hand, but would I rack it using my boot or belt? No. Not that I think it won’t take it, but I don’t want to jack it up.

All those Youtubers abusing red dots don’t pay for them like you and I do.

I tend to ride my red dot when I rack with my hand, but would I rack it using my boot or belt? No. Not that I think it won’t take it, but I don’t want to jack it up.

All those Youtubers abusing red dots don’t pay for them like you and I do.

I agree. When all that stuff started happening I assumed that the people talking about it meant that it could be done if you had an injured hand or were in some sort of crap situation where you needed it, not that you could or should do it as a matter of course. To me it's like using the slide release after a reload. Yeah, I may do it if I was in a gunfight and microseconds counted, but on the range? Nah. I probably wouldn't do it even in a gunfight since I have spent countless hours training reloads the slingshot way.

I use a full hand over the slide to manipulate the action of semi autos. As I always said to my students, when working the gun, treat it like you are mad at it. My P226 Sig Legion with sig RDS gets the same treatment and the RDS is right there so I am using it. I have fired many thousands of rounds and racked the slide using the RDS many times with no ill effect to the sight. The quality RDS are engineered to take it. These modern RDS are not your grandpa's red dot.

I use a full hand over the slide to manipulate the action of semi autos. As I always said to my students, when working the gun, treat it like you are mad at it. My P226 Sig Legion with sig RDS gets the same treatment and the RDS is right there so I am using it. I have fired many thousands of rounds and racked the slide using the RDS many times with no ill effect to the sight. The quality RDS are engineered to take it. These modern RDS are not your grandpa's red dot.
Same. Ask me how often I have to clean the lens on my red dots! You can never get right up to the edges.

Back