testtest

A Journey Through a Timewarp Back to 1911

HayesGreener

Hellcat
I have had 1911's since I was a teenager, but for the most part did not carry them due to agency issued guns, and sticking with carry platforms that were consistent with my professional training. I understand the 1911 and am a certified armorer on Springfield 1911's, and have had some students come through my classes with them.

For the past 12 years my EDC has been a SIG P220 in 45acp, the past 4 years a SAO Legion. Magazine capacity is not a concern for me since I retired from LE. I am too simple minded to rely on multiple different manuals of arms in my carry guns so when I settle on one I am married to it.

I own a few 1911's including Colts and have had modern sights installed on the Colts. For some reason in the past couple years modern 1911's have piqued my interest. A Springfield Professional is on my wish list, and I recently purchased a SIG STX 1911 and a S&W 1911 PCC. After shooting these pistols, I was so impressed with the accuracy and function that I decided to change my EDC to the SIG STX. it is my policy to not start carrying an EDC until shooting at least 500 rounds. I crossed that mark this past week and am now carrying the SIG STX. It is similar in weight to the now benched P220 I have been carrying but somehow seems to ride better. I put the birdseye maple grips away for safekeeping and installed Hogue G10's.

So now I have gone full retro back to a 1911. A legacy design for a legacy old guy. At this rate I will be carrying a Colt SAA at 80, and a Walker Colt at 90....

That's the view from my saddle.

I have had 1911's since I was a teenager, but for the most part did not carry them due to agency issued guns, and sticking with carry platforms that were consistent with my professional training. I understand the 1911 and am a certified armorer on Springfield 1911's, and have had some students come through my classes with them.

For the past 12 years my EDC has been a SIG P220 in 45acp, the past 4 years a SAO Legion. Magazine capacity is not a concern for me since I retired from LE. I am too simple minded to rely on multiple different manuals of arms in my carry guns so when I settle on one I am married to it.

I own a few 1911's including Colts and have had modern sights installed on the Colts. For some reason in the past couple years modern 1911's have piqued my interest. A Springfield Professional is on my wish list, and I recently purchased a SIG STX 1911 and a S&W 1911 PCC. After shooting these pistols, I was so impressed with the accuracy and function that I decided to change my EDC to the SIG STX. it is my policy to not start carrying an EDC until shooting at least 500 rounds. I crossed that mark this past week and am now carrying the SIG STX. It is similar in weight to the now benched P220 I have been carrying but somehow seems to ride better. I put the birdseye maple grips away for safekeeping and installed Hogue G10's.

So now I have gone full retro back to a 1911. A legacy design for a legacy old guy. At this rate I will be carrying a Colt SAA at 80, and a Walker Colt at 90....

ah yes..the Sig STX...i :love: mine too....

but i still prefer to carry (for now) my Hellcat.......i am still undecided to get a 365.

I hear ya, Hayes...

89oj09.jpg

HayesGreener ,I also like the 1911 and carried it for many years I too carry it for EDC having just recently purchased a Springfield Ronin in 45 very nice gun. I also have the guns you described in your post. To me the 1911 is still a very viable option although most people prefer various tupperware variations these days and there is nothing wrong with that. A person should carry the firearm that inspires the greatest confidence especially for defense purposes. The 1911 served me and others on my team extremely well with an exceptional track record. The new Sig you have looks like a nice gun and I hope it serves you well. Judging from your initial round count you are well on your way to becoming very acquainted with it. Enjoy the STX my very best to you.

Back