testtest

A motorcycle enthusiast movie on Prime

az4783054

Master Class
Another good movie on Prime. I've seen it three times previously and will watch it again. It's an inspiring movie especially if you're into motorcycles. It's about a dream and determination.

"The World's Fastest Indian"

Description from Prime: The story of New Zealander Burt Munro, who spent years building a 1920 Indian motorcycle -- a bike which helped him set the land-speed world record at Utah's Bonneville Salt Flats in 1967.

WorldsFastestIndian_PA_1x1.jpg

If you like bikes there is a show called Ride With Norman Redus, I have seen a couple episodes the past few days. It is pretty interesting so far from what I have seen.

Another good movie on Prime. I've seen it three times previously and will watch it again. It's an inspiring movie especially if you're into motorcycles. It's about a dream and determination.

Description from Prime: The story of New Zealander Burt Munro, who spent years building a 1920 Indian motorcycle -- a bike which helped him set the land-speed world record at Utah's Bonneville Salt Flats in 1967.
Seen it. Ive owned about 8 Indians, currently have a 2018, Classic stage3

I've seen some good motorcycle movies and tv shows. "Then came Bronson" was a favorite. But my most favorite motorcycle movie is "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man". The beginning movie sequence when Harley starts up his Harley reminds me of my Harley Softail Custom that I had some great times on.

I owned several Japanese motorcycles and watching Marlboro Man(Don Johnson) put a beat up Japanese motorcycle out of its misery using a Desert Eagle is another awesome scene. I also liked the scene with the Honda Pacific Coast models fixed up to look like motorcycles of the future....:)

In my years of riding a motorcycle on long trips (Dallas to Rochester New York, Dallas to Portland Oregon, etc, etc) I came across some really cool people who happened to be riding a motorcycle. (Guy in Utah riding a Motor Guzzi. Guy in Cincinnati riding a brand new Ducati sport bike in Italian red. Teaching a young rider how to put his motorcycle on the center stand and having him practice the technique on my 1981 Honda Goldwing Interstate. Good times. Great people...:))

I've seen some good motorcycle movies and tv shows. "Then came Bronson" was a favorite. But my most favorite motorcycle movie is "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man". The beginning movie sequence when Harley starts up his Harley reminds me of my Harley Softail Custom that I had some great times on.

I owned several Japanese motorcycles and watching Marlboro Man(Don Johnson) put a beat up Japanese motorcycle out of its misery using a Desert Eagle is another awesome scene. I also liked the scene with the Honda Pacific Coast models fixed up to look like motorcycles of the future....:)

In my years of riding a motorcycle on long trips (Dallas to Rochester New York, Dallas to Portland Oregon, etc, etc) I came across some really cool people who happened to be riding a motorcycle. (Guy in Utah riding a Motor Guzzi. Guy in Cincinnati riding a brand new Ducati sport bike in Italian red. Teaching a young rider how to put his motorcycle on the center stand and having him practice the technique on my 1981 Honda Goldwing Interstate. Good times. Great people...:))
That’s is cool. Im not a long- trip guy. From OKC to KCMO my longest
CVMA- combat veterans motorcycle association- current member- road name-Landmine

That’s is cool. Im not a long- trip guy. From OKC to KCMO my longest
CVMA- combat veterans motorcycle association- current member- road name-Landmine
I don't ride motorcycles anymore but when I did (1970's - 20015) I went on some pretty cool adventures. Some of those adventures happened to be long rides.

I once rode an old Kawasaki 550 4 cylinder from Dallas to the Denver area. It was 95 when I left Dallas and 48 when I got to Castle Rock, Colorado. It took me almost 24 hours to go 700+ miles because the rain and lightning was so bad I had to stop and park a few times to avoid getting hit by lightning.

I also rode my Harley Softail Custom to the top of Pikes Peak before it was all paved. Riding a Harley that doesn't have integrated brakes like my Goldwings and BMW had is pretty scary, when you're riding on gravel going up and down mountains. You learn to slow down, focus, and use the gears and not the brakes. Counter steering is a very useful motorcycle riding skill. Prayer helps also, but wait until you're not riding...:) Rain gear that helps you in rain can also be a layer that gives you some protection from the cold...:)

I also rode an old Suzuki 400 cc single cylinder motorcycle from the Dallas area to the Rio Grande Valley of Texas where I live now(about 525 miles one way). I didn't get on the freeway much because the Suzuki didn't like cruising over 55. Driving highway 77 through La Grange and Victoria was pretty awesome...:)

The Columbia River Gorge I-84 is a heck of a drive...:) The Guadalupe mountains in West Texas are pretty awesome. The Royal Gorge in Colorado is another favorite...:)

If you live in the Dallas or Oklahoma area the Talimena scenic drive is a special place to ride. There's lots of safe places to stop and enjoy the views.

Petit Jean mountain that's about an hour west of Little Rock, Arkansas is another good place to visit...:)

On a motorcycle you really feel and see things you just can't experience in a car.

For me it never was about which motorcycle I was riding, it was about feeling extremely blessed to be able to ride and talk to people in truck stops and small restaurants...:)

Back