testtest

A Quick Follow up...................

Nevadasun

Operator
So, I've installed Powder River Precision "sand grips". I've used them with great success on a XDm .40 years earlier. Also, I installed the Holosun 507c GR-2x ACSS. Just a word about mounting the optic on the Springfield. This optic mounted perfectly with the screws from Holosun; no Dremel, nothing needed. I called Springfield about mounting an optic before starting, and right away he began to tell me "Horror Stories" about how people were trying to mount optics. You know, people screw drivers and everything else except a #10 torx. The main thing that concerned me, Springfield had no "torque spec" in the manual.
DSC_1769.JPGa.JPG
They recommended 18in. lbs. for the optic plate; Holosun recommended 15in. lbs. for their optic.
Monday or Tuesday I'll to get to the range and get things sighted in. Most likely I'll sight in at 15yds. Then maybe make another post. Oh the "10" now has approx. 600rnds. down the pipe. Zero issues, zero problems.

Last edited:
So, I've installed Powder River Precision "sand grips". I've used them with great success on a XDm .40 years earlier. Also, I installed the Holosun 507c GR-2x ACSS. Just a word about mounting the optic on the Springfield. This optic mounted perfectly with the screws from Holosun; no Dremel, nothing needed. I called Springfield about mounting an optic before starting, and right away he began to tell me "Horror Stories" about how people were trying to mount optics. You know, people screw drivers and everything else except a #10 torx. The main thing that concerned me, Springfield had no "torque spec" in the manual.View attachment 36195They recommended 18in. lbs. for the optic plate; Holosun recommended 15in. lbs. for their optic.
Monday or Tuesday I'll to get to the range and get things sighted in. Most likely I'll sight in at 15yds. Then maybe make another post. Oh the "10" now has approx. 600rnds. down the pipe. Zero issues, zero problems.
Awesome handgun with an awesome optic! 507C GR-X2 ACSS is by far my favorite optic, the 10 moa chevron and 65 moa circle make it very fast to find and the shake & awake and solar backup are great features. I also like that you can choose to manually adjust the brightness.

Awesome handgun with an awesome optic! 507C GR-X2 ACSS is by far my favorite optic, the 10 moa chevron and 65 moa circle make it very fast to find and the shake & awake and solar backup are great features. I also like that you can choose to manually adjust the brightness.
Agreed, this is a great optic! I now have three of these; one on a Canik TP9 Elite Combat and one on a SIG P320 x-Compact Specter.

I've found a decent rule of thumb when actual torque specs are not available is 20-25 for the plate and 15-18 for the optic. No LocTite necessary, but if you feel you must, use the purple stuff or at worse the blue.

@SimonRL prefers the taste of the blue stuff. Goes good with pork.
Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Lately I’ve been torquing to specs as you recommend and I’ve not had any issues with anything coming loose - including my Prodigy plates.

Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Lately I’ve been torquing to specs as you recommend and I’ve not had any issues with anything coming loose - including my Prodigy plates.
That's good to hear.

I can say that I shoot the heck out of my shotguns and none of them are sporting the old blue mustard sauce and I haven't had anything move. I am not particularly nice to them either. And I ain't shooting birdshot.

So, I've installed Powder River Precision "sand grips". I've used them with great success on a XDm .40 years earlier. Also, I installed the Holosun 507c GR-2x ACSS. Just a word about mounting the optic on the Springfield. This optic mounted perfectly with the screws from Holosun; no Dremel, nothing needed. I called Springfield about mounting an optic before starting, and right away he began to tell me "Horror Stories" about how people were trying to mount optics. You know, people screw drivers and everything else except a #10 torx. The main thing that concerned me, Springfield had no "torque spec" in the manual.View attachment 36195They recommended 18in. lbs. for the optic plate; Holosun recommended 15in. lbs. for their optic.
Has anyone told you that you could be John Wayne’s twin?? The likeness is just remarkable!!

Then sand grips look really nice on there, I might have to try them.
I’m a huge fan of Talon Grips “Pro” style offering, principally because they provide a very positive grip surface without any abrasivness, which is great because I can compete with and carry concealed with the same pistol without taking hide off my person or wearing holes in my cover garment. That was always a problem for me with sandpaper type grips. The Powder Rivers look great, and I would suspect are very nice for competition, but I would prefer not to have to spend my limited discretionary funds on bandages and replacement cover garments 😎.

Back