testtest

A trip to the LGS started innocently enough . . . .

mikegc

Elite
. . . . and, not long after I arrived, the owner said, "I've got something you need to see." I felt that little "twinge" that I first experienced in Vietnam when something was about to happen. Well, not really but I recognized the look on his face. He pulled out a cheap-looking pistol case and said, "Check this out."

1684768990452-png.516342

1684769018375-png.516343

This Colt Single Action Army left their Custom Shop in 1983 and I have the original box, paperwork as well as a letter from Colt. After the transaction, the store owner said, "C'mon, lunch is on me." I lamented he'd made so much money off of me and he replied, "I'm calling my wife to tell her to go ahead and book the cruise." Gotta love gun shop humor.

Mike

you need to get cards printed that say “Hold My Beer” for the next time someone at the range starts bragging about their Canik Rival or their Zev OZ9.
I like your sense of humor! Gotta tell you a good one. I was at the range a few weeks ago shooting a SAA with a 5½" pipe. I'd fired a cylinder and was ejecting the empty cartridges when a young man, probably in his early twenties, came over and asked about the revolver. I loaded five more rounds and handed it to him. Well, he "saddled up" and maintained his firing stance for maybe 15 seconds. The observing range officer said, "You gotta cock it," and showed him how to do it. Just prior to pulling the trigger the first time, the young man said, "There's the rear sight!" He emptied the Colt and was grinning like the briar-eating mule.

Mike

Some of the more elaborately engraved guns from Colt came with a letter which identified the engraver by name. It is my understanding that an archive letter with the engraver's name increases collector value of the gun. It may be worthwhile to query Colt.
You're right about the letter and I have one. I could sure be wrong but I think only their master engravers "sign" their work. On the Custom Shops web page, you can specify a master engraver to do your work and, as you can imagine, it's pretty spendy.

Mike

Back