testtest

A Whole New World

SimonRL

Hellcat
I’ve been an unabashed Sig fanboi and I’ve been quietly running the HK flag up the flagpole for awhile. Recently, I started thinking about hi capacity .45s. I currently have two, both 1911s - so 8 rds it is. I’ve been looking pretty seriously at the HK45, but it only takes 10 rds in its basic form and I already have two P-series Legion so I ruled out the P220. Out of the blue decided to have a look into FN’s offerings and on a whim walked into the LGS yesterday and walked out with an FDE FN 545 which I had held for about three minutes and never shot.

Today I took it to the range for a quick workout - only 50 rounds - and left very happy indeed. I don’t shoot using iron sight very often, but the 545’s suppressor height sights are very easy to see and I have decided to get used to not using a red dot, even though the 545 uses a system that allows you to mount almost any dot on the market without a separate plate (I wish they had done this with the Prodigy). Anyway, long story short, the gun is a keeper. It is one of the softest shooting .45s I’ve come across and is dead accurate. Also worth mentioning is that I didn’t even think about the trigger and I have become a serious trigger snob. It comes with 15 and 18 round mags and I could easily carry it concealed. I’m extremely happy with my limited results today and looking forward to a long relationship with this newcomer.

Target was only at 10 yds, which seems quite close for what I usually shoot, but I was worried about shooting iron sights.

IMG_5935.jpeg

Low left. Hmmm. It must be the gun1
IMG_5936.jpeg

Took some friends just in case I (I mean the new gun) sucked. Fortunately it didn’t. The friends - AP5 (top) and Prodigy (bottom target) didn’t suck either.
IMG_5939.jpeg

Gotta love those FNs. And it's hard to beat a nice .45. One thing I have heard about you may want to consider. Switching back and forth between RDMS and irons can be problematic for some people. I have faith in ya brother, but doing my due diligence by passing on the information, which I only heard about from a guy at the range yesterday who I know and trust and who has a bunch of cool :poop:. As in @BET7 level collections. In fact he invited me to their next shooting session, which they close the range down for the day and evening and run drills and courses all day and then do a night session complete with NV gear. Odd because just the other day someone else invited me to come and do a shoot house with them. Must have pleased the universe this week.

Sorry for the hi-jack brother, just something to consider when you're switching back and forth between sighting systems. Congrats on the new gun, it sure is nice looking. Though I think the HK is cooler, in double Churchill Martini sort of way. :)

Gotta love those FNs. And it's hard to beat a nice .45. One thing I have heard about you may want to consider. Switching back and forth between RDMS and irons can be problematic for some people. I have faith in ya brother, but doing my due diligence by passing on the information, which I only heard about from a guy at the range yesterday who I know and trust and who has a bunch of cool :poop:. As in @BET7 level collections. In fact he invited me to their next shooting session, which they close the range down for the day and evening and run drills and courses all day and then do a night session complete with NV gear. Odd because just the other day someone else invited me to come and do a shoot house with them. Must have pleased the universe this week.

Sorry for the hi-jack brother, just something to consider when you're switching back and forth between sighting systems. Congrats on the new gun, it sure is nice looking. Though I think the HK is cooler, in double Churchill Martini sort of way. :)
I’ll keep that in mind. Honestly, one of the reasons I don’t want to put a red dot on is I like the little wings either side of the rear sight and you lose those if you mount a red dot! This is the burden of making your living as a creative! Also, if, let’s say an HK45 were to be delivered Tuesday before 7pm I would have to send it off to be milled if I wanted to put a red dot on it. For now, I’m going to try and see if I can adjust between the two. Thanks for the input though, my man.

I’ll keep that in mind. Honestly, one of the reasons I don’t want to put a red dot on is I like the little wings either side of the rear sight and you lose those if you mount a red dot! This is the burden of making your living as a creative! Also, if, let’s say an HK45 were to be delivered Tuesday before 7pm I would have to send it off to be milled if I wanted to put a red dot on it. For now, I’m going to try and see if I can adjust between the two. Thanks for the input though, my man.
I got faith in you homey.

Back