testtest

About As Simple As Things Usually Are For Me

Sometimes you just can't avoid it. I needed a paper notarized today. My bank will do it for free, but ya gotta go inside to get it done. :rolleyes:
Other times the drive-up is wrapped around the building , but the lobby is empty. Its actually faster to park and go inside than sit in the drive-up line.
BTW: I walked right in. No trick doors, metal detectors or nothing. ;)
My bank used to be posted but the letters on the posting were in black on a black glass door. You have to be specifically looking for it to find it. Then the last time I went the sign wasn't there anymore.

There's one on the side door but it is literally 6 inches off the ground. The only thing that I can figure is that corporate made them post and they did the bare minimum of compliance

In my opinion, the only people who need a walk in bank these days is small businessmen. I have been with USAA Federal Savings Bank since they opened in 1983. Back then it was all mail in but today with most all transactions available via the internet. Since that time, I have never had to step into a a bank lobby for a personal bank transaction. That includes my house loan and buying an airplane on my credit card.

I found myself physically entering 2 banks several times going through a divorce. Likely "could" have done things online, but that would entail waiting week(s) for documents and checks to be snail-mailed. Can't ETF into a new account that does not exist yet...can't set up new account without money to start the new account...some signed forms require original copy for legal purposes (not a scanned copy). Definitely need a notary or whatever they call the newer version of a notary for liquidating retirement accounts...can't do that without going in.

YOU may not ever have to go into a bank, but there's lots of stuff some people need to do that "normal" people don't even think about.

Just to clarify the front door of the credit union was a Man Trap. The entryway was divided into, for lack of a better term, two small glass enclosed hallways, I assume bullet proof glass.

They had to buzz you in through the front door and they had to buzz you in to the lobby from the inner door.

In between the two you had to pass through a metal detector. I'm going to assume if you set off the metal detector you were locked in the cube until the police showed up.

I only saw the one person enter or leave the bank while I was there and that was the lady that I drove to the bank and the bank employee but I think they had to buzz you out the exit door too

In Colorado it is violation of state law to attempt to sneak a concealed handgun past a metal detector.

I don't necessarily think it's a bad idea. I think that sooner or later a lot of these high-end department stores that are repeatedly ransacked by flash mobs or going to Institute this at their entrances and exits.

There's a Coin & Precious Metals dealer downtown called Hallenbeck Coin Gallery that does the same thing and to my knowledge they've never been robbed.
Not quite, you walk into the outside foyer which has unlocked doors that are latched to frame in the wide open position during operating hours and buzzed straight into the bank from there and no metal detectors. I know the hot box system you describe, I'm retired military and held a very high security clearance nearly my whole career and experienced many of them as they are standard equipment when entering many highly secured areas.

Not quite, you walk into the outside foyer which has unlocked doors that are latched to frame in the wide open position during operating hours
Did you see the picture? I mean between the two of us who was standing outside the door and who's guessing on the internet? The outer door was locked they had to buzz you in from the bank. I watched it happen.
and buzzed straight into the bank from there and no metal detectors.
Again, I was there. Maybe doesn't show up in the picture but when you're standing outside the door you can see the metal detector between the two doors.

I know the hot box system you describe, I'm retired military and held a very high security clearance nearly my whole career
What was your clearance? Please be specific

Did you see the picture? I mean between the two of us who was standing outside the door and who's guessing on the internet? The outer door was locked they had to buzz you in from the bank. I watched it happen.

Again, I was there. Maybe doesn't show up in the picture but when you're standing outside the door you can see the metal detector between the two doors.

What was your clearance? Please be specific
I know a hotbox, I have been in many. There was a piece missing. In a hot box they have the ability to lock you into the hot box, so that you can neither enter the bank nor depart. The foyer on the bank that you first entered did not have lockable doors and were blocked in a full open position during business hours.

They had no metal detector. I have entered wearing a 10" sheathed knife which would have set off all kind of bells and whistles if there was a metal detector.

I held a continuous TS/SCI. I also worked positions associated with NATO, when working NATO positions, I also held the COSMIC designator.

In my opinion, the only people who need a walk in bank these days is small businessmen. I have been with USAA Federal Savings Bank since they opened in 1983. Back then it was all mail in but today with most all transactions available via the internet. Since that time, I have never had to step into a a bank lobby for a personal bank transaction. That includes my house loan and buying an airplane on my credit card.
As of last week, I now have to walk into my bank if I need anything, my current health insurance had a data breach, I had to freeze my credit, put a fraud alert on everything, and had to change the way I do banking, even though the letter I received said my data may have been exposed, I took no chance, so now I have to go into my bank for any banking…….sucks!!!

As of last week, I now have to walk into my bank if I need anything, my current health insurance had a data breach, I had to freeze my credit, put a fraud alert on everything, and had to change the way I do banking, even though the letter I received said my data may have been exposed, I took no chance, so now I have to go into my bank for any banking…….sucks!!!
Just got new credit/debit cards issued and now nearly everything not on autopay is paid via personal check or cash. Trophy wife got scanned once then got two businesses where she did business got hacked and had huge data breaches. So easy to pay everything electronically via debit/credit card but every place you use it is another place it can be stolen from. If we do use debit or credit cards we only use those issued by our banks and we have an app where we unlock the card, used it, and then relock it. Any charge attempted without us unlocking the card is immediately denied. More of a hassle but less exposure. After having to have cards reissued and accounts monitored due to data breaches numerous times over the last few years its less work and worry in the end.

Just got new credit/debit cards issued and now nearly everything not on autopay is paid via personal check or cash. Trophy wife got scanned once then got two businesses where she did business got hacked and had huge data breaches. So easy to pay everything electronically via debit/credit card but every place you use it is another place it can be stolen from. If we do use debit or credit cards we only use those issued by our banks and we have an app where we unlock the card, used it, and then relock it. Any charge attempted without us unlocking the card is immediately denied. More of a hassle but less exposure. After having to have cards reissued and accounts monitored due to data breaches numerous times over the last few years its less work and worry in the end.
Yea, I also had to stop an autopay, I don’t use a debit card, I feel somebody needs to be held liable for anything that may happen to you concerning a data breach on there end, but it will never happen.

Back