testtest

Added another one.

Recusant

Hellcat
While many members prefer the latest handguns in polymer I tend to stick with blued steel and walnut grips. While out Christmas shopping for myself the other day I came across this Ruger Single Six that will fit right in my stocking hung on the mantel. As best as I can tell, this one was made in 1980 and shows some wear which is fine because if it was like new it wouldn't get shot much. Looking forward to taking it out and punching holes in some tin cans.
Ruger Single Six .22 cal.JPG

Very nice!! I'm not into revolvers yet, though I have fired one or two provided by an instructor. My collection may have to expand to a revolver or two in the coming new year. Happy shooting!!
Currently Colt and Smith & Wesson both produce revolver's in .22 cal. only which are double action. I've been buying a few .22 cal revolvers from yesteryear while I can find decent ones in pretty good shape. The advantage with the Colt New Frontier and the Ruger New Model Single Six is that the .22 mag can also be fired in them as well. Some were sold with both cylinders, but as in the case with this one I'll have to add .22 mag cylinder if I so choose. While they may seem antiquated single action revolvers are fun to shoot, and the ammo doesn't break the bank!

Colt New Frontier from the mid seventy's
Colt New Frontier.JPG
H & R Model 999 Sportsman from the 60s.
H & R Sportsman Model 999.JPG
S & W Model 63
S & W Model 63.JPG

Currently Colt and Smith & Wesson both produce revolver's in .22 cal. only which are double action. I've been buying a few .22 cal revolvers from yesteryear while I can find decent ones in pretty good shape. The advantage with the Colt New Frontier and the Ruger New Model Single Six is that the .22 mag can also be fired in them as well. Some were sold with both cylinders, but as in the case with this one I'll have to add .22 mag cylinder if I so choose. While they may seem antiquated single action revolvers are fun to shoot, and the ammo doesn't break the bank!

Colt New Frontier from the mid seventy's
View attachment 46947 H & R Model 999 Sportsman from the 60s. View attachment 46948 S & W Model 63View attachment 46949
Like that H&R. Don’t see a lot of those.

While many members prefer the latest handguns in polymer I tend to stick with blued steel and walnut grips. While out Christmas shopping for myself the other day I came across this Ruger Single Six that will fit right in my stocking hung on the mantel. As best as I can tell, this one was made in 1980 and shows some wear which is fine because if it was like new it wouldn't get shot much. Looking forward to taking it out and punching holes in some tin cans. View attachment 46945
I have my Dad's Single-Six Convertible but it's safe in the safe, so if I wanted another convertible I'd get a Super Wrangler since I wouldn't be worried if it got beat-up in field use.

My .02

While many members prefer the latest handguns in polymer I tend to stick with blued steel and walnut grips. While out Christmas shopping for myself the other day I came across this Ruger Single Six that will fit right in my stocking hung on the mantel. As best as I can tell, this one was made in 1980 and shows some wear which is fine because if it was like new it wouldn't get shot much. Looking forward to taking it out and punching holes in some tin cans. View attachment 46945
I used to have one just like this I bought in 1976. It had the magnum cyl. also. I used it to hunt Squirrels making head shots. That was when I was still young and could see their head . :D

Back