testtest

Advice used xdm osp 9mm

PacNWvike

Master Class
So I purchased a used xdm osp 9mm. I got to look at it but waiting on background or 10 business days to end.

The gun was in decent shape, needs some oil badly, it’s dry like the atacama dry. Just scratches on the slide, barely looked good, feed ramp still shined.

What parts would you replace on a used gun with unknown round count? I have a factory recoil spring to throw in just in case.

Anything else? I function tested it but won’t know for sure until I actually shoot it. I did have to order a mount plate from Springfield. Since it didn’t include them.

I have some left over PRP springs, competition trigger spring and sear spring. I might put those on we shall see or just order a new easy fit trigger kit.

Me, personally, I would just change the RSA and then shoot the gun and then determine if anything else may need replaced, those guns are very resilient and tough, my original XDm that I got in 2009 has all original parts except I did change the recoil spring, got over 2000 rounds give or take on it

Last edited:
Washington handguns go through the local PD and the FFL can release after 10-days since the background never gets completed sooner. But it’s up to the FFL if they want to release not a requirement but once they know they always release. Also will be dealing with a 10 round mag limit soon. So I wanted to buy a full size 9mm before that goes into effect in July.

Back