testtest

"Ain't found a way to kill me yet" Revisited.

Wow, all of these stories are pretty crazy!!!

Growing up in NYC my entire life we saw plenty of bees and wasps, but never once have I been stung. Mostly yellow jackets but I never toyed with them, and they never tried to build in or near residences. If we are being quite honest if I had one buzz by me I ran like a little girl to the nearest place indoors I could find lmfao. I don't do flying insects. Most bugs in general I loathe, but wasps and the such I just can't stand.

Recently me and the g/f have bought our first home, down here in Texas. I currently have an ongoing war with 2 different species of wasps that just refuse to stop attempting to build nests despite me knocking them down. When we bought the house I knocked down 14 nests all around the perimeter of the house. I removed well over 30 mud dauber nests all over the front of the house and inside my garage. And now I have digger wasps aka "Cicada Killers" trying to burrow into the small flower bed in front of my house. Since I obviously cannot go toe-to-toe with them i've resorted to spraying the nests at night, seeing if they return for the next 2 days. If I don't see any, I go remove the nests. Then when they do return to try to build again, it's guerilla tactics. Hit and run spraying to stop any new progress.

I am about to have an exterminator come and just sign up for a 1 year plan to which they promise these goddamn things will not return.

How do you guys deal with this every single day? It's maddening haha.

Growing up in NYC my entire life we saw plenty of bees and wasps, but never once have I been stung. Mostly yellow jackets but I never toyed with them, and they never tried to build in or near residences. If we are being quite honest if I had one buzz by me I ran like a little girl to the nearest place indoors I could find lmfao. I don't do flying insects. Most bugs in general I loathe, but wasps and the such I just can't stand.

Recently me and the g/f have bought our first home, down here in Texas. I currently have an ongoing war with 2 different species of wasps that just refuse to stop attempting to build nests despite me knocking them down. When we bought the house I knocked down 14 nests all around the perimeter of the house. I removed well over 30 mud dauber nests all over the front of the house and inside my garage. And now I have digger wasps aka "Cicada Killers" trying to burrow into the small flower bed in front of my house. Since I obviously cannot go toe-to-toe with them i've resorted to spraying the nests at night, seeing if they return for the next 2 days. If I don't see any, I go remove the nests. Then when they do return to try to build again, it's guerilla tactics. Hit and run spraying to stop any new progress.

I am about to have an exterminator come and just sign up for a 1 year plan to which they promise these goddamn things will not return.

Ordinarily I simply ignore them. But now that i know they are trying to kill me I will take the "Your world is on fire" approach.

I've used golf clubs before. A driver specifically. Almost never for golf though. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
This is the only club I have been known the use:

1630271452154.png

Bassbob you screen name should be John wick you are one bad ass mother glad you are ok years back I was using the weed whacker I hit a wasp nest sting me at less twenty five times in the leg I continue to work finally it hit me down I went but made it back to the truck and call 911 myself I carry a epi-pen ever since

Bassbob you screen name should be John wick you are one bad ass mother glad you are ok years back I was using the weed whacker I hit a wasp nest sting me at less twenty five times in the leg I continue to work finally it hit me down I went but made it back to the truck and call 911 myself I carry a epi-pen ever since
I think if I had gotten stung more than once yesterday I may not be here today.

I think “SuperBassBob” is now in order.
Really glad you’re ok, most people are in the wrong place wrong time only a couple times in their lives you seam to make a habit of it so stop it!! 😂😂😂

I also had no issues with the first vaccine shot except for a sore arm, three days after the second I pissed blood for two days, I thought I had a kidney stone but this was way different.
My doctor said it was a stone I passed, bottom line I’m fine. I’m not getting the booster shot, no freaking way.
Maybe your wife should start doing the yard work or get yourself a bee suit.

When I was about 7 years old I decided to poke a red wasp nest that they'd built in a shrub in my grandfather's front yard. I grew up in the country, so you'd think I'd have known better but curiosity got the better of me. I took a curtain rod out of my grandfather's garage stood by the shrub and started poking the next with the curtain rod, the nest was covered in red wasps. At first I think they didn't even notice what I was doing, but as I kept watching them as I poked at the nest with the curtain rod, the buzzing sound continued to increase in volume....which I wrongfully thought was cool. All of a sudden I just remember seeing what looked like a red and black curtain advancing from the nest back up the curtain rod, then they apparently decided they'd found the warm blooded creature who was bothering their nest. Final count was 16 stings on my arms, upper chest, face, shoulders, and head. Apparently my dad and grandfather heard me screaming and ran outside to the sight of what looked like Luke Skywalker on crack, swinging wildly at the air with a curtain rod trying to knock the wasps over the left field fence......It didn't work, not in the least. My dad grabbed me while my grandfather ran and got a blanket and started slapping me with it. My dad got stung a couple of times trying to get the wasps off of me. My mom put this weird stuff on the stings she called "blue-ing"....It definitely helped, and my grandpa gave me a stiff shot of Evan Williams, his solution for damn near any problem. After i got calmed down, my dad asked me what had happened. He wrongly surmised that I had grabbed the curtain rod after I'd been attacked by the wasps and was trying to beat them off of me. I've never been able to lie to my old man worth a damn, so I told him what happened. I know, now, he was trying not to laugh but he had to walk out of the room for a few minutes I remember that distinctly. My mom had taken over medical duties by that point but even she was trying not to laugh. My grandpa, after hearing the story from me directly asked me what I had thought to poke a red wasp's nest with a curtain rod. I told him I was just curious as to what they would do. He said, "Well, now that you know, you going to do that again, son?" "No sir!" I said, "Ok then, lessons have been learned today."

After that I was given a couple of baby aspirin. No doc visit, no hospital, the closest doc was about 40 miles away so we didn't go to the doctor unless we were next door to death. Luckily I wasn't allergic to wasp stings or I'd most likely have been down for the count...lol

Happened to me as well, but it was Rose bush fungacide.
Wife had me working on her 6’ tall rose bushes. Sprayed them with fungacide and was under them pulling weeds. Jammed my hand into the lower branches that were about 5” diameter with the thick thorns pulling a weed and a thorn broke off into my middle knuckle.

went inside to wash up and went into shock. Hit the tile floor head first. Then I guess did it again. Wife was at work.
Guess i stumbled to the neighbors who saw me walking erratically up their drive dazed. They came out and called 911 since I couldnt talk and had trouble breathing.
I only remember afterwards going to the sink and then seeing a paramedic over me inside an ambulance. Woke up again in the ER with my wife sitting next to me.
Neighbor called wife and explained how they found me and that I was being taken to the hospital. Wife beat the ambulance to the hoaptial and met them at the ER entrance 😳

Dr’s said i went into shock with the thorn and fungacide straight into my system

This could be a long post, but I'll try to condense it as much as possible.

A little back story:

In my life I have been hit many, many times by many, many things that should have stopped me or at least slowed me down. I have been in 3 car wrecks that should have killed me, in which I walked away without a scratch. I have been stabbed a few times, shot at multiple times, hit in the head with baseball bats and a crowbar with a 12" length of chain welded to it and once I was on top of a guy beating the hell out of him when I was hit from behind, in the head with a claw hammer. I saw stars for a second and I thought I had gotten shot. I turned around and looked at the guy with the hammer and told him he was next. He ran into his house and I continued what I was doing. I was in a hole about 7 foot deep when the shoring gave way and should have been crushed. I dug my way out with my hands and went back to work. When my first wife left me it devastated me. I spent 6 months strung out, living in a truck with my dog and self medicating with drugs I will not mention here. I still went to work every single day and dug myself out of the funk, met my current wife of 20 years and carried on. I have been in more vicious fights in my life with guys that should have been able to stop me and the fact is I have lost very, very few of them and I have never in my life been rendered unconscious. Here I said I would condense this eh? Let's just say I am notoriously hard to stop.

Now, I have been stung by wasps hundreds of times in my life. I was once stung several times on the hand by ground hornets and my hand swoll up so bad I had to cut my wedding ring off with an angle grinder because my finger was turning blue. I have a recurring issue of red wasps on one of the corners of my house. Last year I was stung by one or more of them at least 3 times. Same reaction every time. Small welt, a little topical pain for a brief period, then back to normal.

Yesterday I was weed eating out back and I was stung on top of the head by a single red wasp. I came in the house looking for wasp spray. The wife told me I didn't have any. So I decided to leave the back alone for now and go start on the side yard. My wife hears the weed eater fire up and after a few minutes shut down. Then it doesn't start back up and she comes outside to find me laying by my trailer in anaphylactic shock. It was like a never ending headrush on steroids. I couldn't see straight or talk and I was coughing and having an extremely hard time breathing. I was shaking like Jerry Lee Lewis. My heart was beating so hard it made my chest feel like I was being repeatedly punched in the lung with brass knuckles. My wife figured out pretty quick what had happened ( she is allergic to wasp stings and has been in anaphylaxis before). My brother in law lives across the street and works for Pfizer so he has epi pens on hand. Problem is he wasn't home. So she goes inside and gets some fast acting, Benadryl gel caps and makes me chew them and swallow them. After about 15 minutes my breathing has improved a little and her and a neighbor get me up and into the house and put me down on the couch. She starts trying to talk me into going to the ER, which I refuse and then I laid there and slept for about 6 hours. I probably should have gone to the ER, but I would probably still be there now sitting in the waiting room. I was in a complete daze last night and I am still shaky and fuzzy right now.

I received my 2nd Pfizer shot on July 25th. I had no real side effects. I was a little blah for the rest of the day after the first one, but other than that, nothing. I have heard of people, including Eric Clapton, who have had issues with their immune systems after being vaccinated. Now I'm not saying this is what happened to me, but it could be. It could also be that after 53 years I somehow magically developed an allergy to wasp venom.

So the universe has finally figured out a way to stop me. Looks like some epi pens are going to be part of my strategy going forward.

Glad you are still standing. You have had an even more interesting ride than myself, which is saying something. My wife has to carry epi pens and adrenalin shots both. We found out the hard way you can become allergic to anything, anytime with no warning. Hers was chlorine, she almost died when she got in the pool we had for years and hD become deathly allergic overnight.

Worst thing about the pens is they only last for a short time then have to be replaced, they ain't cheap.

Back