testtest

Alaska members

Anyone here from Alaska? I'm planning a trip up there this August or September and looking for an area to rent a cabin out in the boonies. Anyone have suggestions for areas to look through?
What isn't in the boonies in Alaska! I've flown over it in the daytime ('78) after the pipeline was finished. What a wilderness! Beautiful country! I believe it was July and not a moment of darkness or low light. The sun moved about 3". I was 12 and been up for 72+ hours. Forgot about the! What day is it? Put foil on the windows so I could sleep.

Anyone here from Alaska? I'm planning a trip up there this August or September and looking for an area to rent a cabin out in the boonies. Anyone have suggestions for areas to look through?
One of my customers goes up 2-3 times/year to kill black deer, moose, bear and an occasional halibut and/or salmon. His trips are guided, LOTS of humping through the bush (keep your minds out of the gutter). If that's what you are aiming at, let me know.

I’m in Alaska, you really need to narrow down where you are going to be and what you want to do. It can take 3 d days to drive across Alaska and you really have to boat or fly anywhere in the “bush”
Some place not too close to a city or town, with some fishing, good hiking, perhaps someplace to rent a mountain bike. It doesn't need to be in the bush. I'd like to get there with a rented Wrangler. I've only been to Anchorage (caught some halibut and cod) and Denali.

The Denali park fits the bill of what your seeking. Some other places you could look into would be silos, talkeetna, or possibly cooper landing. Your biggest problem is going to be finding a place away from any towns where you can rent a bicycle. But your idea of a town might be different than ours up here

There is hiking everywhere, fishing can be more challenging, I’m assuming your looking for bank accessible. Silvers and trout will be all that’s still around for fishing in aug/sept.

That will also be right in the heart of our big game hunting seasons. So some hunters orange might not be a bad idea, and bear spray.

Last edited:
Back