testtest

Allen West to Oust Lapierre?

I hate to say it, but at this point I think the only way to convince the BOD that Wayne needs to go is with some sort of punitive ( i.e. financial) measure.

I think a concerted effort by the NRA membership to inform them that they will no longer be getting any of our money until WLP is gone is in order. I will stop short of de-activating my life membership, but I completely support all yearly members resigning theirs until WLP is gone and all life members withholding any further monetary contributions until WLP is gone. I also support and urge you to take the contributions you would have made to the NRA-ILA or any other NRA org. and giving it to GOA or any of the other gun rights organizations.

I will be sending them an email tonight. Though it probably won't phase them since I haven't given them any money in a pretty long time now.
Yeah , I have told them several times that they will get no more money from me till W. L.P is gone.

I read today where he had a vote of confidence of 54 to 1. Can the entire BOD really be so crooked as to produce those kinds of numbers?

Even a 50/50 split would be a lot to understand, but 54/1? And we're still seeing folks calling for him to be hanged without ever a conviction? I'm not saying he's squeaky clean, but 54/1 is a pretty significant number.

WLP wins with all but 1 vote.

No different than ballot stuffing when WLP has dirt on the entire BOD and/or they have $ interests tied up in WLP’s evil little web. We just keep handing the left victories.
I read today where he had a vote of confidence of 54 to 1. Can the entire BOD really be so crooked as to produce those kinds of numbers?

Even a 50/50 split would be a lot to understand, but 54/1? And we're still seeing folks calling for him to be hanged without ever a conviction? I'm not saying he's squeaky clean, but 54/1 is a pretty significant number.
We have Biden for President, so nothing surprises me when it comes to politics vs the citizens

From all appearances, WLP needs to go, and there are a lot of folks calling for that. For the vote to be 54/1, there surely is something (or things) most of us don't know. The truth may never come out, but I personally will give him and the BOD the benefit of the doubt and not support any infighting, etc. We don't need that now for sure!

From all appearances, WLP needs to go, and there are a lot of folks calling for that. For the vote to be 54/1, there surely is something (or things) most of us don't know. The truth may never come out, but I personally will give him and the BOD the benefit of the doubt and not support any infighting, etc. We don't need that now for sure!
I trust WLP and the board as far as I can spit a rat.

Not a dime until they’re ALL gone.

I'm just one who finds it almost impossible for a board, any board of 55 people of various financial status, interests, careers, ambitions, etc, etc, etc to all (save one) be so crooked as to support a man who by most opinions has done little but milk and steal from the biggest, most influential, pro 2nd amendment force in history. I'm not saying it cannot be, but 54 out of 55 who have been appointed/voted in over various time periods and under various circumstances/pressures and important issues of their day to all be as crooked as the man being vilified here just seems totally outside of reality.

I said earlier, I have serious concerns, but they're all based on the opinions of others who may or may not be in a position to know the facts and I cannot accept the opinions of any number of folks as gospel. I'll wait for the evidence to be presented and the trial to be over.

If I had some way to put a hold/escrow on my dues and other monies until this is finally satisfied, I would consider doing that. But as far as I know there is not, so my money will continue to go to support the NRA ...... which I would say right now we probably need as much as we ever have.

But then that's just me !!!

I'm just one who finds it almost impossible for a board, any board of 55 people of various financial status, interests, careers, ambitions, etc, etc, etc to all (save one) be so crooked as to support a man who by most opinions has done little but milk and steal from the biggest, most influential, pro 2nd amendment force in history. I'm not saying it cannot be, but 54 out of 55 who have been appointed/voted in over various time periods and under various circumstances/pressures and important issues of their day to all be as crooked as the man being vilified here just seems totally outside of reality.

I said earlier, I have serious concerns, but they're all based on the opinions of others who may or may not be in a position to know the facts and I cannot accept the opinions of any number of folks as gospel. I'll wait for the evidence to be presented and the trial to be over.

If I had some way to put a hold/escrow on my dues and other monies until this is finally satisfied, I would consider doing that. But as far as I know there is not, so my money will continue to go to support the NRA ...... which I would say right now we probably need as much as we ever have.

But then that's just me !!!
Joe,
I agree with you that there is not any hard evidence but consider the following:

1. I have not seen any way for me to nominate a director.
2. The ballot we received to vote had 58 names for 55 slots. Who chose these names?
3. Why do we need 55 directors? GM has 13. Ford has 15. Boeing has 13.
4. Why do I have to go to an independent site like nrawatch.org to get the meeting minutes?

The American Radio Relay League (ARRL - Ham radio operators) had 15 directors - one for each division of the country. I get to nominate and vote for the director of my division. The meeting minutes are published in the monthly magazine.

Thanks for the input Bob, and I can't/won't necessarily disagree with anything you've said. I've already admitted I have concerns, but all of them are based on other's opinions. I'm not in a position to have seen any evidence first hand.

I have considered each and every one of the items you mentioned above, but also considered the exact opposite. It seems to me if WLP were in fact using the BOD's to keep him in power, and especially to the extreme some folks seem to believe, it would be much easier to control a smaller number than a larger number (not to mention fewer hands to pad, if that's the case). And based on the recent vote, it's not just a simple majority of that large number of directors, but 54/1.

As for the necessity of so many directors, I can't say except that this organization has many more issues of various concern, with many of them political, than maybe GM and Ford being concerned about cars/trucks and Boeing being concerned with airplanes. As for "who chose those names", my understanding is they're selected by a 'nominating committee' which varies from year to year.

I don't have a clue regarding the issue of meeting minutes, but aren't minutes available directly through some arm of the organization itself? I understand "nrawatch.org" is a hack organization trying their best to hurt the NRA? I'm not sure that would be the best source of any truthful info regarding the NRA. 'NRAwatch' is much like 'Everytown For Gun Safety' in that the main function of that organization is 'gun control' far more than safety.

Bob, I'm not trying to argue anything you've said above, only to try to explain my personal position. And I absolutely do accept your input in the manner you intended it. I typically believe that where there's smoke, there's usually fire. But again I've not actually seen any smoke myself, only been told about it by others. You won't find many any more supportive of the 2nd than I am, but by that same token I'm every bit as supportive of the 5th (and all others).

As a second thought, it's awfully hard to accept that there can be that many crooked directors to cover for the supposed bad guy for all these years, yet not even one of those 54 crooked directors has gotten greedy enough yet to oust WLP themselves. And if they are truly as crooked as projected by some, they will have as much dirt on WLP as he has on any of them. Even Jimmy Hoffa couldn't keep that kind of majority number satisfied and under control.

Thanks for the input Bob, and I can't/won't necessarily disagree with anything you've said. I've already admitted I have concerns, but all of them are based on other's opinions. I'm not in a position to have seen any evidence first hand.

I have considered each and every one of the items you mentioned above, but also considered the exact opposite. It seems to me if WLP were in fact using the BOD's to keep him in power, and especially to the extreme some folks seem to believe, it would be much easier to control a smaller number than a larger number (not to mention fewer hands to pad, if that's the case). And based on the recent vote, it's not just a simple majority of that large number of directors, but 54/1.

As for the necessity of so many directors, I can't say except that this organization has many more issues of various concern, with many of them political, than maybe GM and Ford being concerned about cars/trucks and Boeing being concerned with airplanes. As for "who chose those names", my understanding is they're selected by a 'nominating committee' which varies from year to year.

I don't have a clue regarding the issue of meeting minutes, but aren't minutes available directly through some arm of the organization itself? I understand "nrawatch.org" is a hack organization trying their best to hurt the NRA? I'm not sure that would be the best source of any truthful info regarding the NRA. 'NRAwatch' is much like 'Everytown For Gun Safety' in that the main function of that organization is 'gun control' far more than safety.

Bob, I'm not trying to argue anything you've said above, only to try to explain my personal position. And I absolutely do accept your input in the manner you intended it. I typically believe that where there's smoke, there's usually fire. But again I've not actually seen any smoke myself, only been told about it by others. You won't find many any more supportive of the 2nd than I am, but by that same token I'm every bit as supportive of the 5th (and all others).
Joe,
I can understand your point of view and agree that all of your arguments have a lot of merit. I actually hope you are right and I am wrong. In my former work life as a consultant implementing major projects for big corporations, I have developed a healthy distrust of the motives of all of corporate executives. Thanks for the heads up on nrawatch. It is hard to know who you can trust. As a friend once advises me - "All that is brown is not gravy".

Bob

Back