testtest

Almost scammed

youngolddude

Professional
I ordered some bullets cause I got a $100 gift coupon for bullets as a door prize at our State Championship. A few hours later I got a text saying my address was incomplete and the box was held up in the post office. It had USPS in the link. I almost clicked on it. I checked the tracking and the PO said they hadn't received the shipment yet. I reported as spam and 2 days later I got my bullets. Watch what you get as texts and emails. There are a lot of scams out there. I'm pretty skeptical and I almost fell for it due to seeing USPS in part of the link.
Be careful out there.

Not any different than when I get text and emails about a carrier needing info to release a shipment or to send 1 as needing more info. The funny thing is I give a nasty reply and had 1 reply back. I like the 1's about my iPhone has been hacked or my Netflix account need updating! I have neither! I don't click on links or open files in emails on these places. My mother (after my father died) received a call on her cell. She looked at the incoming number and decided to answer out of curiosity? The number showed up as her landline number, so she picked up the landline and there was only a dial tone. Kinda had her worried as thinking someone was in her house? BTW, she was the only 1 in the house. Phone company needs to shut down these POS's!

I check my junk (spam) email folder about twice a day and each time there is usually 150-200 spam emails I see and delete, they are endless and these morons are relentless.

I haven’t had a Netflix account for over 15 years and yet I’m constantly getting emails that my account will be suspended for non payment.
Please do……
And I know what I’ve ordered and who will be delivering it so the emails that say my package is being held BY UPS or USPS for address confirmation makes me ROTFLMFAO

A few tips……

Watch out for spelling errors…..

I get about 50 emails a day from the…
(Canadian Pharnacy) Really??? How obvious……..
I’ve also seen the use of these symbols <> and the little red flags 🚩 in the email subject line designed to make it look important.

They definitely target seniors who unfortunately fall for their 💩 so talk to your older family members.

Be careful and stay safe.

i know what you mean

i got a formal letter from a Saudi Arabian Prince, saying the the DNA testing proved i was his daddy, and i was to receive a huge settlement from his trust fund.

all i had to do was send him via Paypal, my bank account numbers.

well....so i sent him bank account numbers.......of my former employer....

man.....he's still wondering how he went broke.

Back