testtest

ALPS OutdoorZ Extreme Ghost 20 Review — Off-Body Stealth Carry

I've found that these types of bags are useful for off-body carry.

1663524184884.png

I use a similar bag when I travel. Mine has a pouch on the backside that I can slide my Ruger SP 101 into and it is completely out of sight. I do that because it makes my pistol easier to access while driving. It keep my wallet, my phone, and house keys in there as well. If I make a pit stop I take it with me, and I haven't had any problems. The other reason I use the bag when traveling is that all of my stuff stays in there when I get to where I'm going. That way when I get home I'm not wondering where I left something. I agree with Bassbob and fordag that carrying off body on a daily basis can be a hazard. I also use the same bag when I go hunting. It's just easier to keep the stuff I might need while I'm out in the woods organized in a small, comfortable shoulder bag.

I use a similar bag when I travel. Mine has a pouch on the backside that I can slide my Ruger SP 101 into and it is completely out of sight. I do that because it makes my pistol easier to access while driving. It keep my wallet, my phone, and house keys in there as well. If I make a pit stop I take it with me, and I haven't had any problems. The other reason I use the bag when traveling is that all of my stuff stays in there when I get to where I'm going. That way when I get home I'm not wondering where I left something. I agree with Bassbob and fordag that carrying off body on a daily basis can be a hazard. I also use the same bag when I go hunting. It's just easier to keep the stuff I might need while I'm out in the woods organized in a small, comfortable shoulder bag.
That's the same for me.

Plus, just to clarify, when I travel out-of-state and have to go through states that don't honor my CCW and requires a handgun and magazine (and sometimes ammo) to be kept separate the bag in my first post but keeps things kosher in those areas but readily accessible in my rig.

I try to transit those states as quickly as possible.

My .02

Like I said I use them when I'm traveling in my rig in states that require items to be separate. But just in "case" they're readily accessible "in my rig".

I use the 5.11 AMP24 and the Vertex Gamut backpacks. Great for EDC, both will take ballistic plates and neither shout tactical.

Not secure enough for Mtn biking. it would bounce around.

I'd suggest a small chest pouch set-up for mtn biking.
I thought this may have had a small third cross body strap for tension adjustments like a similar pack I have. My mistake.

Back