testtest

Am I Overreacting?

Th@tGuy

Elite
So I’m a fan of Buffalo Bore ammo every since I was introduced to it by a LGS that I visit frequently. Well up until a few hours ago. So here’s the story, I myself don’t have to go to a range to shoot because my family has quite a bit of open property out in the county area about 30 minutes from my residence. So about 10:30 this morning I took my carry revolvers out, a S&W Model 60 and a Kimber K6S DASA Combat. Both are 357 mangnum revolvers that are capable of firing 38 special with no problem just like many other 357 revolvers. So yesterday UPS delivered my 38 special ammo from Buffalo Bore, today I decided to shoot some of it. The rounds are 158 gr +P hollow point. The ammo comes in 20 round boxes, but I purchased quit a few and the price wasn’t cheap, especially the fact that one box only fire 12 rounds. I took all the steps to figure out why 8 rounds didn’t fire, I disassembled both revolvers, I checked the springs, I inspected the firing pins and found nothing out of the ordinary. I checked the cylinders also. I even tried the various other brands of ammo in 38 special that I had and those fired with no problem. So it had to be the ammo that was bad, well I contacted Buffalo Bore by email to let them know and somehow they tell me it’s my firearms that’s the problem. I respectfully replied by basically repeating myself and now waiting for a response. My only issue is what if I was in a defensive situation and one of my revolvers were loaded with 5 or 6 of those bad rounds. Don’t I have a right to be upset or am I overreacting?

Well if you tried firing those 8 rounds in different revolves and the rounds wouldn't fire then to me there's problem with the ammo.
An that’s the point I was trying to make however a cs rep name Tim sent me a link talking about firing pin issues, and trigger and hammer jobs, in which I have neither of. These are 2 high end revolvers, there’s no way both have firing pin issues at the exact same time with the same ammo.

I've used the BB hotter loads in 10mm, and haven't yet had any issues. That said, I haven't really fired tons of the stuff. I concur with @Recusant, that if it fails in other gun(s), it sounds like an ammo issue. I'd also say that since you mentioned you also fired some successfully, I would personnally feel the gun isn't necessarily the problem. In either case, knowing how costly BB ammo is, I'd say you have a right to be upset.

An that’s the point I was trying to make however a cs rep name Tim sent me a link talking about firing pin issues, and trigger and hammer jobs, in which I have neither of. These are 2 high end revolvers, there’s no way both have firing pin issues at the exact same time with the same ammo.
i have a Korth Mongoose 357/38 special, a Colt Python (same calibers), and a S&W 686 +, and a Ruger GP 100 2.5" snub nose, and i buy factory reloaded ammo (as well as new) and i can assure you that just the other day, my Korth, could not shoot 4 rnds of NEW....Federal .38 special's..

and that Korth, cost more than most cars on the road these days..

i'd like to hear that guy tell me, somethings wrong with my Korth.

I've used the BB hotter loads in 10mm, and haven't yet had any issues. That said, I haven't really fired tons of the stuff. I concur with @Recusant, that if it fails in other gun(s), it sounds like an ammo issue. I'd also say that since you mentioned you also fired some successfully, I would personnally feel the gun isn't necessarily the problem. In either case, knowing how costly BB ammo is, I'd say you have a right to be upset.
I keep thinking to myself what if I was in a situation and needs to use my firearm and those rounds where loaded and didn’t fire. Yes the price is high but the defensive situation scenario is what’s got me upset.

i have a Korth Mongoose 357/38 special, a Colt Python (same calibers), and a S&W 686 +, and a Ruger GP 100 2.5" snub nose, and i buy factory reloaded ammo (as well as new) and i can assure you that just the other day, my Korth, could not shoot 4 rnds of NEW....Federal .38 special's..

and that Korth, cost more than most cars on the road these days..

i'd like to hear that guy tell me, somethings wrong with my Korth.
I know what you mean, that Korth is luxury compared to my 2 revolvers.

I keep thinking to myself what if I was in a situation and needs to use my firearm and those rounds where loaded and didn’t fire. Yes the price is high but the defensive situation scenario is what’s got me upset.
i think bottom line? you know now what to do, and not buy anymore. make no mistake as in my posting i had NEW federal ammo not fire, so it does happen. if a store or company does not make good on it, even if reducing the price on another box, then simply do not buy that particular ammo anymore.

they may have issues at the factory, using "hard primers". i have had "hard primers" issues with the factory reloaded ammo that i bought, and will simply NOT buy that caliber anymore (9MM), from that store, and i have even TOLD them, more than ONCE of this problem....they do not listen..??

i don't buy that ammo no more from them.

I know what you mean, that Korth is luxury compared to my 2 revolvers.
yeah, well...........a high dollar revolver for sure.....i'd like to have another one. the black one next time....

this is mine...

1627589091757.jpeg

i think bottom line? you know now what to do, and not buy anymore. make no mistake as in my posting i had NEW federal ammo not fire, so it does happen. if a store or company does not make good on it, even if reducing the price on another box, then simply do not buy that particular ammo anymore.

they may have issues at the factory, using "hard primers". i have had "hard primers" issues with the factory reloaded ammo that i bought, and will simply NOT buy that caliber anymore (9MM), from that store, and i have even TOLD them, more than ONCE of this problem....they do not listen..??

i don't buy that ammo no more from them.
You’re right 100%, I’m just patiently waiting on another response from them.

I totally agree. I had a similar ammo issue using 115gr Blazer Brass, in a Walther CCP M2 9mm pistol. That Pistol grip felt so good in my hand, that at one point I considered it for a potential EDC. Scouring forums, I found that in this case it was a firearms issue and not specifically ammo related. Turns out this pistol is sensitive to the ammo it likes to eat. Blazer Brass happens to be one it doesn't like (among others).
So, much the same way you question this ammo with being able to firing reliably in a defensive situation, I too can't rely on the CCP M2 as a EDC.

I totally agree. I had a similar ammo issue using 115gr Blazer Brass, in a Walther CCP M2 9mm pistol. That Pistol grip felt so good in my hand, that at one point I considered it for a potential EDC. Scouring forums, I found that in this case it was a firearms issue and not specifically ammo related. Turns out this pistol is sensitive to the ammo it likes to eat. Blazer Brass happens to be one it doesn't like (among others).
So, much the same way you question this ammo with being able to firing reliably in a defensive situation, I too can't rely on the CCP M2 as a EDC.
yeah, Blazer brass, does not do well in my CZ 75B or the CZ 97B.....they would rather eat up S&B.

So here’s the conversation attached below.

Attachments

• F803577A-9E02-4B1B-AF34-7AEF20E08BDD.png
    F803577A-9E02-4B1B-AF34-7AEF20E08BDD.png
    452 KB · Views: 117
  • 12BE4757-CDB5-40A2-95A5-33DC1DA03CFB.png
    12BE4757-CDB5-40A2-95A5-33DC1DA03CFB.png
    853.4 KB · Views: 138
  • A62F6CFD-BBE9-4383-BEE2-D3379555B746.png
    A62F6CFD-BBE9-4383-BEE2-D3379555B746.png
    510.2 KB · Views: 126
  • E3286261-ED44-4D78-9445-137BC3A59B3F.png
    E3286261-ED44-4D78-9445-137BC3A59B3F.png