testtest

Ammo, Inc - Familiar with this Brand?

I buy the Ammo Inc. At Sportsman Warehouse Up here in upstate PA. I've got 300 Blackout and .308 . I have never had any issues with their ammo . Back pre covid days I bought the bulk tubs at a good price . Last time I got 300 blackout it was $229.00 for 200 rounds . Not bad because 300BO is very hard to find up this way ..

Streak is a “cold tracer” round; instead of having a burning flare at the base of the bullet, it has some type of chemical that reacts brightly without heat.
It's a type of glow in the dark coating under the bullet. The flash will charge it and you see a red glow. It's pretty cool. But it's a hit or miss. It doesn't always work. I think a YouTuber The Daily Shooter did a video on it a couple years ago. Then I wanted some to try out myself.

Best thing about this stuff is. Unlike tracers which usually have less bullet mass to contain the magnesium. They don't have less mass. So their actually useful. I don't know if anyone here has used tracers before. But they kinda explode or bounce on impact. And can catch the range brush on fire.

I have often wondered why folks would be so interested in low flash powders, flash suppressors and silencers, then use some sort of tracer ammo?
Unless there is a group of you concentrating fire on the enemy, it would seem the tracer would point directly to its point of origin.
But then, I have never been the brightest bulb in the box.
(You will note how I got the "bright" pun in with tracer comment?)
Of course, I completely understand whizzing lighted rounds downrange just for fun or in combat aircraft applications.

I have often wondered why folks would be so interested in low flash powders, flash suppressors and silencers, then use some sort of tracer ammo?
Unless there is a group of you concentrating fire on the enemy, it would seem the tracer would point directly to its point of origin.
But then, I have never been the brightest bulb in the box.
(You will note how I got the "bright" pun in with tracer comment?)
Of course, I completely understand whizzing lighted rounds downrange just for fun or in combat aircraft applications.
On tracers, can alternate rounds for different effects and conserve rounds too.

Back