testtest

Ammo left in your bag

I see so many stories like this and it really makes me wonder how do you not check your bag before you pack it?

Or, as others have said, use a completely different bag?

The closest I've ever come to something like this.

20240426_094950.jpg

This is a magazine pouch. I use it to carry my multi-tool in.
20240426_095006.jpg

One morning as I was getting ready to go to work I put the multi-tool pouch on my belt and went off to work. It happened to be an unarmed assignment. At some point during the day I want to pull out my multi-tool in front of a client employee and I popped open the pouch and pulled out a magazine.

That went over like a fart in church.

ETA After that I bought a DIFFERENT magazine holder and I never carried a magazine in one of those pouches again.

FB_IMG_1714148088844.jpg

FWIW if you happen to own a multi-tool, Gerbers especially are known for wearing out their pouches. That is a Bianchi single magazine, double stack magazine pouch. I bought it for $20 almost 20 years ago and it's still in fine shape.

Last edited:
My sister works for TSA and she sees stuff like that all the time. Apparently more than a few people “forget” that their guns are in their luggage and some have even surrendered them rather than leave the building and secure it in their vehicle.

I see so many stories like this and it really makes me wonder how do you not check your bag before you pack it?

Or, as others have said, use a completely different bag?

The closest I've ever come to something like this.

View attachment 56602
This is a magazine pouch. I use it to carry my multi-tool in.
View attachment 56603
One morning as I was getting ready to go to work I put the multi-tool pouch on my belt and went off to work. It happened to be an unarmed assignment. At some point during the day I want to pull out my multi-tool in front of a client employee and I popped open the pouch and pulled out a magazine.

That went over like a fart in church.

ETA After that I bought a DIFFERENT magazine holder and I never carried a magazine in one of those pouches again.

View attachment 56605

FWIW if you happen to own a multi-tool, Gerbers especially are known for wearing out their pouches. That is a Bianchi single magazine, double stack magazine pouch. I bought it for $20 almost 20 years ago and it's still in fine shape.
Thanks for this. My Gerber pouch is showing wear and it's really not that old. My mag holders are kydex so there's no mistaking them for a multi tool pouch (in my world anyway 😎).

13 years ago I was flying home from my AF OSI retirement ceremony wearing my travel vest. I left Washington National with no problems, had a few day stopover in Louisville on our way home. When boarding the plane in Louisville I was wearing the same vest when TSA found one 9mm round in one of the deep inside pockets of the vest. Apparently left there after my last duty qualification. I had checked the vest but not carefully enough. They got pretty exercised until I informed them I was a retired LEO and showed them my credentials. They took my 9mm round and let me board, but they were dead serious. When I was leaving S. Korea in 2008, my holster, mag pouches, handcuffs, and ASP were in my checked bags. S. Korean airport security pulled me in to ask why that was in my bag. Since I was a LEO they relaxed but it got their attention. Some TSA are more thorough than others but they are akways looking.

This is the same thing but I was leaving Charleston International airport for Germany and I had my Class A in a garment bag ( I don't remember how I pulled off line to remind mine in civilian clothes but I did it).

They pulled me out of wine because when the x-rayed the garment bag my dress belt was hanging in it and they saw the Buckle and they wanted me to open the bag and show them what it was.

Screenshot_20240426_140853_Samsung Internet.jpg

I have two identical bags, one for the range and one for a carry-on.
I never really thought much about it,because I thoroughly empty them out after a range session.
Now I am more careful since the last time I flew a TSA agent swabbed my bag for explosive powder, so now they are kept away from each other.

Back