testtest

Ammo should be easier to buy around black friday...

Primers continue to be a roadblock for maufacturers and for retail sale.

I talked to three LGS's the last two days and they said if they ordered primers now they're told it's a 18-24 month wait until all existing orders are taken care off. Also, while there are outstanding orders, suppliers are allocating partial shipments in order to spread the available product around. Also, some are waiting for shipments from overseas to come in.

One LGS is stopping online sales since they sell out instanting, due to online search engines like ammoseek, while folks are still completing their order, then folks are going ballistic when the order doesn't go through, then call the vendor mouthing off to them.

So the product you see/find is based off of past orders. For Black Friday if a LGS/vendor wants to have an event they're having to squirrel away some product in order to do an event.

Plus, prices are up & will likely stay up for the foreseable future due to supply chain increases.

Thus, if all current stressors to the existing demand is resolved instantly we're not going to see any normality for 18-24 months when the existing backlog is resolved and then things go to normal levels. I don't see anything happening instantly so it is what it is. Product will trickle in as it arrives either to your existing LGSs, and other vendors.

IMO, it took 2-3 yrs to recover from the past 22lr panic, and that is what we're dealing with again to a couple magnitudes more.

Sorry to rain on KF1977's BF post. Reality what a concept.

The Armscor factory-outlet store here had the following available yesterday.

New 9mm 115 fmj

$99/200 = .495 c/rd.
$495/1000 = .495 c/rd
$1,200/2500 = .48 c/rd (in a drum)

New .45 acp 230 gr fmj

$80/200 = .40 c/rd

This was available at Bass Pro tonight in my area with a 1 box limit. I remember the good ol'days (last year) where I could get a 200 round box for $59.00.
20201119_193129.jpg

I got a 48 pg flyer from "Bass Pro" today in the mail ....... not one ad for ball ammo of any kind, shape, size or color! Two options of steel shot for the duck hunters and that was it! Box price was $11.99 and $12.79 with case prices at $99.99 and $119.99. No limits noted for either one.

I got a 48 pg flyer from "Bass Pro" today in the mail ....... not one ad for ball ammo of any kind, shape, size or color! Two options of steel shot for the duck hunters and that was it! Box price was $11.99 and $12.79 with case prices at $99.99 and $119.99. No limits noted for either one.

Same flyer & ammo offered for Bass Pro's poor stepchild Cabelas.

I made a $400 online order (9mm FMJ/JHP, .380 FMJ/JHP, and some 22lr), back on Oct. 19th, and rec'd an email this morning from them stating that it had been cancelled. It was listed as in-stock when I made the order, and the order had been sent to the fulfillers (Federal, Fiocchi, S&B). I was especially counting on receiving the 380 (fmj & jhp in order).

Here's the blanket blurb from their email:

"...One or more items from your recent order have been canceled. These items may no longer be available, there could have been a processing error, or you may have requested the cancellation. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

Back