testtest

Ammo

Maybe the question is - “Planning on doing some training with +P to get a feel for it and keeping a mag of it for EDC, can XDM handle it“ ? If that’s the case, then yes.

Multiple +P range days or torture test…maybe not a best idea. https://www.thearmorylife.com/hellcat-20k-rounds-and-counting/

I plink with anything from 115 to 147 save the good HP stuff onboard for the SHTF.
Like my old .357 - practice with .38 but loaded w/Magnum on standby.

Don't waste your money on +P ammo. Good brand name defense ammo and brand name practice ammo. I don't see why people think they need +P. IT always seems the new guys want that stuff.
In lightweight bullets, it gets you some better penetration.

In heavy bullets, it does the same out of short barrels.

Given, this comes at the cost of heavier recoil and slower follow-ups.

It’s the individual shooter to decide if that juice is worth the squeeze.

In lightweight bullets, it gets you some better penetration.

In heavy bullets, it does the same out of short barrels.

Given, this comes at the cost of heavier recoil and slower follow-ups.

It’s the individual shooter to decide if that juice is worth the squeeze.
If you can't handle it then don't shoot it! Some can't manage recoil proficiently and need to use lite or standard pressure. I have years of experience in heavy recoil as from shooting 44mag for decades. 1 day I'll get a wheel gun in 45-70. 50ae doesn't seem to have as much recoil as 44mag in same barrel length. Felt or not!

If you can't handle it then don't shoot it! Some can't manage recoil proficiently and need to use lite or standard pressure. I have years of experience in heavy recoil as from shooting 44mag for decades. 1 day I'll get a wheel gun in 45-70. 50ae doesn't seem to have as much recoil as 44mag in same barrel length. Felt or not!

I’m talking the difference between a .25 and a .35 second split.

Is that .1 second difference worth the upgrade in bullet performance? That’s the shooter’s call.

SAAMI standards for acceptable chamber pressures for firearms were established as a guide for ammo manufacturers and gun manufacturers so the ammo was not blowing up the guns and the guns would withstand the pressures of the ammo. The SAAMI pressures were conservative. In the 60's and 70's LE was looking for a round that was more effective at putting a subject out of the fight quicker. Plus P ammo came into common use by LE in the early 70's starting with the Illinois State Police looking for a higher velocity round for their 9mm S&W Model 39 handguns. It so happens that Winchester ammunition was manufactured in Illinois and the troopers went to Winchester to ask them to make the 9mm round hotter. They developed a LE round that exceeded SAAMI standards but still was safe to shoot in moderate frequency. The round has greater velocity than standard rounds, and depending upon bullet design, improves performance of bullets in some rounds. My PD issued Plus P for duty but we only shot it during qualifications based upon recommendations of the Illinois State Police firearms training unit. We issued a S&W Model 669/6906 handgun to our officers and at the time ISP had quite a bit of data on the round. It definitely does cause additional wear to your firearm if you shoot a lot of it. I never noticed any significant added recoil but did notice a difference in muzzle flash and report. Based on my experience I carry Plus P Critical Duty in my .45 P220.

SAAMI standards for acceptable chamber pressures for firearms were established as a guide for ammo manufacturers and gun manufacturers so the ammo was not blowing up the guns and the guns would withstand the pressures of the ammo. The SAAMI pressures were conservative. In the 60's and 70's LE was looking for a round that was more effective at putting a subject out of the fight quicker. Plus P ammo came into common use by LE in the early 70's starting with the Illinois State Police looking for a higher velocity round for their 9mm S&W Model 39 handguns. It so happens that Winchester ammunition was manufactured in Illinois and the troopers went to Winchester to ask them to make the 9mm round hotter. They developed a LE round that exceeded SAAMI standards but still was safe to shoot in moderate frequency. The round has greater velocity than standard rounds, and depending upon bullet design, improves performance of bullets in some rounds. My PD issued Plus P for duty but we only shot it during qualifications based upon recommendations of the Illinois State Police firearms training unit. We issued a S&W Model 669/6906 handgun to our officers and at the time ISP had quite a bit of data on the round. It definitely does cause additional wear to your firearm if you shoot a lot of it. I never noticed any significant added recoil but did notice a difference in muzzle flash and report. Based on my experience I carry Plus P Critical Duty in my .45 P220.
Illinois went to the classic “9BPLE” 115+P+ load from Federal.

It’s still a crowd-pleaser.

Hi guys I'm new to the xd family I have a question I looked on the manual but didn't see anything not unless I'm blind I bought the xdm elite 9mm I was wondering can you use +p ammo
I actually carry +P+, but I use standard pressure at the range

I carry Barnes TAC +P 115gr in my compacts and full size and run about 100 rounds (total) annually through the guns. I shoot standard ammo at the range. I don't believe a few rounds of +P annually will damage your gun (but I'm not a gunsmith or an expert) just as I think 1000's of rounds of +P annually would have a negative impact.

Back