testtest

Ammo ?

The XD line is pretty versatile with ammo and will feed just about anything. Winchester is fine but their “white box” line tends to have a lot of issues compared to the other lower end ammo. 115 grain is standard, 124 and 148 are both available but tend to cost a little more. I use 124 because that’s what my self defense rounds are (Federal HST). With ammo availability like it is I’d just make sure it’s 9mm Luger (9x19) and shoot whatever you can find. Luckygunner Labs is a good place to read up on self defense rounds.

Here’s where I’m going to say “It depends on your individual pistol”...because I’ve shot a lot of Winchester White Box (aka WWB), and can’t recall having an inordinate amount of issues with it than any other bulk, in any firearm. In fact, it’s a go-to to test out new pistols.

So, buy some of that WWB 124gr and see if your pistol likes it. Try other ammo, too, and see what it likes best.

I never had much luck with WWB myself, I shot some in my new Cobra and had many duds out of a 100 round box, never had to much luck with UMC ammo years ago, but like Hans said if you can find 9mm, get several kinds to try.

I used to shoot a ton of winchester white box and just about every brand of range ammo without any discernable difference in reliability. The only ammo that I prefer not to use was winchester brown box service grade flat top because I could feel my slide hesitating to close when I would rack it but it still would cycle just fine.

Back