testtest

Ammoland.....

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
DO NOT visit this site for awhile, I was there last night and Norton came up and said a virus was in my pc, siren like sound came from speakers and was running a fake scan also, I exited site, shut pc down and rebooted, thankfully I have a iMac pc, for one I don't have Norton at all, it was malware more then likely, I went through all my install logs and such and my pc is fine, this is just a warning for others.......

Last edited:
DO NOT visit this site for awhile, I was there last night and Norton came up and said a virus was in my pc, siren like sound came from speakers and was running a fake scan also, I exited site, shut pc down and rebooted, thankfully I have a iMac pc, for one I don't have Norton at all, it was malware more then likely, I went through all my install logs and such and my pc is fine, this is just a warning for others.......
My iMac has saved my butt a few times. The internet is a great research tool but can be hazardous.

sometimes i will be doing some sort of search, and such a thing happens to me as well...the only way out is the hard shut down...

then like you, i run a full BitDefender scan....

i don't go much anymore to online ammo stores, my LGS has very good prices nowadays, with no limits.

when i checked SGAmmo in fact yesterday? i saw it was priced more for 1,000 rds of either 9mm or 45 ACP over my LGS.

thanks for the heads up though

Thank you! I have a Mac also, but they are not invincible. I've never had that happen before but it sounds like you did good. I've never been to that site, now I probably never will.
Checked earlier today, Xfinity internet has advanced security included with my WiFi, it detected nothing, I have had it stop stuff trying to come into my network before, seems to work good

Checked earlier today, Xfinity internet has advanced security included with my WiFi, it detected nothing, I have had it stop stuff trying to come into my network before, seems to work good
I run Clean My Mac every week or so, and it has malware detection. Haven’t had any issues with malware, but it’s nice to have something that will detect it and notify me if it’s found.

Funny...I'm on the iMac I bought new in 2012, never ran any kind of protection software of any kind...🤷‍♂️
Clean My Mac is mor of a maintenance program and it does what Windows maintenance settings does for PCs. Most of what it does can be done manually but if you’re not especially techie, it’s a time consuming brain messer upper. The latest version of the program can detect malware but I’ve never seen it do it. Mac are pretty good at not allowing malware, in fact so much so that they won’t let in some legit stuff, which is frustrating.

Clean My Mac is mor of a maintenance program and it does what Windows maintenance settings does for PCs. Most of what it does can be done manually but if you’re not especially techie, it’s a time consuming brain messer upper. The latest version of the program can detect malware but I’ve never seen it do it. Mac are pretty good at not allowing malware, in fact so much so that they won’t let in some legit stuff, which is frustrating.
I just boot my machines every couple days.

I’ve had many macs, starting with a 2006 iMac. Never had any need for any protection software and never had any issues. All those machines still run today. Even the obsolete ones.
I have a MacBook from 2009, the first one they released in aluminum. It still runs and I mainly use it for storage. One of the last one with CD-ROM. Can't update it anymore because the newer operating systems aren't compatible with it. I swapped out its hard drive with a 1TB and it still runs fine.

I have a MacBook from 2009, the first one they released in aluminum. It still runs and I mainly use it for storage. One of the last one with CD-ROM. Can't update it anymore because the newer operating systems aren't compatible with it. I swapped out its hard drive with a 1TB and it still runs fine.
The wife still has a clamshell Ibook. And one of the old white Apple laptops. They all work. Problem is the OS. :)

Back