testtest

An American Enfield: The M1917 Rifle in World War I

I am confused. this article says York used an M1917. However the link to "The story of Sgt. Alvin York and his Medal of Honor Exploits" leads to an article that says Sgt. York didn't Like the M1917 and had acquired and used a M1906 on the day he earned the MOH. How can these two versions be reconciled?

I am confused. this article says York used an M1917. However the link to "The story of Sgt. Alvin York and his Medal of Honor Exploits" leads to an article that says Sgt. York didn't Like the M1917 and had acquired and used a M1906 on the day he earned the MOH. How can these two versions be reconciled?
You’ll have to build yourself a way-back machine and go watch for yourself, most likely.

I found this article from the National Rifleman magazine: Sgt. York: American Rifleman, American Hero. It conflicts with Mr. Laemlein's article, so we may never know for sure. Here's the end of a long unit picture taken in May 1919 in Ecommoy, France, of Co D 305 M. S. T. 80th Division. My wife's grandfather in standing in the back row 2nd from the left. All of the soldiers with rifles we can see have a 1917 except for one. He's the 1st seated soldier in the bottom row with with a 1903.

IMG_1619.JPG

Back