testtest

and now a word from 1788

SMSgtRod

Professional
Founding Member
We don't have a Other section yet but this is firearm related.
Way back when the only records are what were written down. Thankfully we have the words of one of the great influencers to what is in our Constitution and it's Amendments.
Especially right now you folks in VA and KY read this and then tickle the web for the rest of the story.
Let me present Tench Coxe..........

Tench Coxe.jpg

In 1718 a British layer invented the puckle gun it was a single barrel repeater with a rotary magazine, crew served, can’t remember the rate of fire but it carried multiple magazines. I’m sure there is info on it on the internet. Here is the important part: the continental congress knew of the existence of this fast firing weapon and letters from the inventor to congress prove it. If I remember right they turned its adoption down due to cost. So anyone that says the second amendment is about flintlocks has missed this historical fact. Puckle gun, learn to quote the facts.

We don't have a Other section yet but this is firearm related.
Way back when the only records are what were written down. Thankfully we have the words of one of the great influencers to what is in our Constitution and it's Amendments.
Especially right now you folks in VA and KY read this and then tickle the web for the rest of the story.
Let me present Tench Coxe..........

View attachment 265
Thanks for bringing this to our attention! There are many great Patriots who unfortunately get lost in time. The founding fathers really knew what a tyrannical government was and rebelled against it. Then they created a safe guard to prevent it from happening again. This safe guard we know is the Constitution.

Tench Coxe is my new hero! Never heard of him before. It’s time for an exhaustive study on this guy.

I look at Tench Coxe as the early version of C-Span..... We know what all the finalized versions of the Amendments are, but Tench Coxe gives us a little insight as to the thinking that was going on behind the scenes. Like what they meant about not infringing. To prevent Tyrannical Governors for example. The one's that go against the Republic and our Constitution. He's a very interesting read.

The were some idiots with signs stating that it was only ment for muskets and flint locks. Like they knew when it was written that some day center fire full autos would be made and phasers and lasers.
My belief on the 2A, was that it was intentionally written to oppose a tyrannical government, giving the Militias (citizens), the rights to the same arms as the governments army had. Yes, it encompasses our right to self defense as well, but they remembered what their previous government (the British Crown), had done to them as colonists. The British had muskets, the colonist had muskets, the British had cannons, the colonist went and took cannons from the British to have cannons. In fact some of the colonist had Kentucky (aka Pennsylvania) Long Rifles that the British didn't possess which was the Modern Sporting Rifle of its day so to speak. Therefore it is my belief, that this amendment gives us the right to posses the same weapons our current army has. Yes, it isn't feasible being with the costs entailed, but justified nonetheless, to put us "citizens" on equal footing if our government became tyrannical and rebellion was the order of the day.

if our government became tyrannical and rebellion was the order of the day.

I believe we have a couple of test beds popping up. Start with the demand to step down or recall. Pool resources and drag them through the court system. Make life miserable for them as they are for our President. Fill every meeting to overflowing. Past time leaving it to the other guy. Got to get off the sofa and become a participant.

I believe we have a couple of test beds popping up. Start with the demand to step down or recall. Pool resources and drag them through the court system. Make life miserable for them as they are for our President. Fill every meeting to overflowing. Past time leaving it to the other guy. Got to get off the sofa and become a participant.
Problem is that is that I see some of the courts becoming or have become "tyrannical" as being part of the government (can you say 9th Circuit & yes I understand the President is making inroads with this court to make it more balanced). But I agree, action is required!

Back