testtest

Another 9mm carbine from S&W M&P FPC SERIES

I like it in principal, BUT too bad it doesn't have interchangeable mag wells or a Glock mag version.

A hard pass since you're stuck using S&W mags.

My .02
Since Glock refused to out S&W on their 40 cals and simply put 40 auto I would be surprised if S&W came out with a Glock mag well version.

Ruger in the other hand isn’t really after agency duty handgun issue market so they don’t care.

SW a bit late and $300 more with their folder now that Keltec dropped the prices to $349 for the basic Sub2000, wonder whats coming.

M&P FPC SERIES​

MSRP $659.00

12575-mp-FPC-Features_Case__06165.1677270636.1280.1280.png

View attachment 37149
  • Compact, folding design.
  • Optics-ready.
  • Integrated recoil buffer system.
  • Reversible magazine catch.
  • 30 3/8" unfolded length to 16 3/8" folded.
  • 1/2-28 threaded muzzle with thread protector.
  • Flat-face trigger with crisp break.
  • Compatible with M&P® Pistol double-stack magazines.
  • In-stock magazine storage w/quick-release tab system.
  • Horizontal folding mechanism with locking latch.
  • Horizontal folding design doesn’t interfere with top-mounted optics (optics sold separately).
  • M-LOK® slots on handguard with Picatinny-style rail on top.
Too bad the link in the announcement email returns a HTML 404 not found error :)

Here is one that works:

Since the M&P is available in 45 Auto and 10MM could they make those calibers available?

I look forward to checking out the FPC Series.
I just upgraded my Ruger PC 9 with the Magpul "Backpacker" stock. It may not be as fast as a fold away option, but for those with a PC 9, you won't be dissapointed.
One Issue: The lack of back packs for these style carbines. Yes, there are many bulky tactical back packs. however I wanted a inexpensive non-descript style to sling over my shoulder when desirable.
Case Club has the foam (18" X 16" X 3"). I took a 20" X 11" X 4" pack pack i had, Cut the foam to the PC 9 Backpacker outline, and married in some 3/4" sticky-back foam on the zipper side. No one is the wiser as to the contents.
Just a thought.

Since Glock refused to out S&W on their 40 cals and simply put 40 auto I would be surprised if S&W came out with a Glock mag well version.

Ruger in the other hand isn’t really after agency duty handgun issue market so they don’t care.
S&W would sell more of these if there was a Glock-mag version regardless vs. a dedicated S&W mag model.

Ruger understand this and is a lot smarter than S&W.

S&W would sell more of these if there was a Glock-mag version regardless vs. a dedicated S&W mag model.

Ruger understand this and is a lot smarter than S&W.
Never said a Glock mag accepted S&W PCC wouldn’t sell. Just said it would surprise me is S&W would do it per the earlier caliber name Glock refused.

Companies go back and forth all the time. And like one at S&W told me the ones that complain about Glock mags aren’t truly interested n and won’t buy their line anyway.

Several traditional rifle type PCC’s don’t take Glock mags but Glock folks buy them (CZ, SIG Colt/Springfield etc) And Glock shooters run them every weekend.

Last edited:
SW a bit late and $300 more with their folder now that Keltec dropped the prices to $349 for the basic Sub2000, wonder whats coming.
One selling point I did see in the S&W is as a side folder you can mount a RDS (the new hotness) and keep it on when the stick is closed. The KelTec you can not. Although that might seem like an asinine issue the marketing teams look at that over what mags they take they want to sell their brand.

Back