testtest

Another avoidable tragedy

And again.....

According to the last line in the article it says, “Take a pause” 😳 I’m sorry but; (WHAT) there is no “take a pause”
This is unbelievable and totally an unnecessary tragedy that is totally avoidable.
PROTOCOLS should be in place so that live ammunition is not any where near training exercises like these.
Is there no one being held accountable when something like this is scheduled??

According to the last line in the article it says, “Take a pause” 😳 I’m sorry but; (WHAT) there is no “take a pause”
This is unbelievable and totally an unnecessary tragedy that is totally avoidable.
PROTOCOLS should be in place so that live ammunition is not any where near training exercises like these.
Is there no one being held accountable when something like this is scheduled??
There are protocols. Not being followed.

AND it was a "service revolver" in the Indiana episode. Major stupidity. Unbelievable is right. Or just as likely an inaccurately-written article. Either way...

And you know that how??
Everytime I saw him he was carrying that way. He was Chief for bouta year & a half. Always plain clothes, badge on one side of his belt, cocked revolver in a leather holster on the other. Small town, I won't share his name or his occupation.

Everytime I saw him he was carrying that way. He was Chief for bouta year & a half. Always plain clothes, badge on one side of his belt, cocked revolver in a leather holster on the other. Small town, I won't share his name or his occupation.
You already did share his occupation he was the chief of police.

What I don't understand is why there's a GoFundMe account for this woman's medical expenses.

I mean this can only be one of two things, malice on the part of the person that shot her or her employer who was running the training did not have proper safety protocols in place.

Either way her employer should be on the hook for every dime and a fat settlement.

Another stunning display of stupidity. I am without words

Walsh's roommate said he was holding a handgun which he believed he had unloaded.

Lawson told officers that at one point during the conversation, he jokingly pointed the gun in Walsh's direction and pulled the trigger, the sheriff's office said.

Violated 3 of the 4 gun rules....

holding a handgun which he believed he had unloaded.
pointed the gun in Walsh's direction
and pulled the trigger

Violated 3 of the 4 gun rules....

holding a handgun which he believed he had unloaded.
pointed the gun in Walsh's direction
and pulled the trigger
Yes. The state and Brevard have a robust training program and these guys know better. One dead, the other in jail for manslaughter, lives ruined for so many friends and family, for what? The degree of negligence in these cases astounds me and is infuriating. I want a public manslaughter trial and a hefty prison sentence for the shooter.

Yes. The state and Brevard have a robust training program and these guys know better. One dead, the other in jail for manslaughter, lives ruined for so many friends and family, for what? The degree of negligence in these cases astounds me and is infuriating. I want a public manslaughter trial and a hefty prison sentence for the shooter.
Sadly, you can just look at that kid and know he is not LEO material. I would say that the bar is pretty low these days, but overweight and undertrained cops isn't really a new thing.

What really needs to happen is that the pay needs to be significantly increased and the qualifications need to be a lot more difficult and realistic. Obviously making it harder to qualify is going to shrink an already small pool of people that will take on the job and the only way to incentivize good candidates to apply is money.

I am not familiar with municipal department training or sheriff departments, but somehow I wound up linking to our state police Facebook page so I see just a little bit if what their training entails. The state police training here (Arkansas) reminds me of military boot camp. My guess is the state police training is more intense than some other LEO training but I would appreciate input from you folks who are in the know. No other reason other than my edification.

I am not familiar with municipal department training or sheriff departments, but somehow I wound up linking to our state police Facebook page so I see just a little bit if what their training entails. The state police training here (Arkansas) reminds me of military boot camp. My guess is the state police training is more intense than some other LEO training but I would appreciate input from you folks who are in the know. No other reason other than my edification.
States are different.This happened in Florida. The academy training for all officers is mandated by the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission (CJSTC), taught in one of roughly 30 state college training centers around the state. Florida Department of Law Enforcement is the executive agency for CJSTC.
Some agencies choose to exceed minimum training standards. Brevard is one of those counties. There would have been no lack of adequate training for these deputies.

Back