testtest

Another lawsuit

Old_Me

Ronin
The lawsuit was filed Tuesday in state court in Connecticut, which is home to Sturm, Ruger & Co. The plaintiff, Nathaniel Getz, says the company marketed it AR-556 pistol in a "reckless" and "immoral" way that promoted its killing capability.

"We believe they marketed it in a way that was meant to appeal to the militarization of young individuals, glorified lone shooters and, especially in the wake of the Sandy Hook shooting, we think they had a moral responsibility to do better," he said.

funny though, i never get to see any advertisements on any tv or cable stations that i have...i'd have to actually subscribe to a magazine of some type (sporting/guns most likely) to get to see any advertisements...

so are "they saying" that those young people are subscribing to such magazines as well..?????

Last edited:

funny though, i never get to see any advertisements on any tv or cable stations that i have...i'd have to actually subscribe to a magazine of some type (sporting/guns most likely) to get to see any advertisements...

so are "they saying" that those young people are subscribing to such magazines as well..?????
He probably saw a copy of one in the waiting area of his therapist's office.

He probably saw a copy of one in the waiting area of his therapist's office.
whatever happened to stacks of years old issues of, Highlights..???

march-hfk-pdp-00_2.jpg

I hope Ruger lets this go to court rather than placating the money-grubbing clown. Maybe he should sue the criminal's family instead.
That's probably not likely to happen. In our litigious society today, it often comes down to dollars and cents. Since we no longer have a 'justice' system, but more a 'legal' system, it just makes sense to the bean counters to take the path of least corp cost. That usually comes down to settle and go home.

Also have to take into consideration the big settlement Remington agreed to over "Sandy Hook". Not necessarily right ... just the way it is.

I still can’t find all the hidden items in their puzzles!
well...you ain't supposed to be looking for Waldo........

and i'll betcha dollars to donuts, the dang kids colored over them..>!!!!!!

so next time, leave your kids at home people.......!!!!!!

That's probably not likely to happen. In our litigious society today, it often comes down to dollars and cents. Since we no longer have a 'justice' system, but more a 'legal' system, it just makes sense to the bean counters to take the path of least corp cost. That usually comes down to settle and go home.

Also have to take into consideration the big settlement Remington agreed to over "Sandy Hook". Not necessarily right ... just the way it is.
I agree, but the principle involved is reprehensible. As long as corporate entities allow this type of legalized blackmail to succeed, they encourage that behavior.

When it involves any industry on the blacklist of the left, it will be heralded as a "victory" for that anti-whatever faction. The fact that the defendant often appears to think that they can somehow purchase favorable P.R. through this strategy is fool's gold. All they do is enable further opportunity for their opponents to make further convoluted arguments against them and their company. The fact that a settlement involves no admission of guilt or responsibility is conveniently ignored.

Back