testtest

Another Left Leaning News Media Commentary on District Court Judge Benitez Ruling on the Unconstitutionality of the CA Assault Rifle Ban

I know the decision by District Court Judge Roger Benitez's ruling on the UNCONSTITUTIONALITY of CA's 25 yr ban on Assault Rifles, was recently kicked around on this website. But I just read a commentary appearing in "The Guardian" that is filled with falsities, half truths and general BS to satisfy and CA Governor who has the smarts of a pet rock and all the idiots that voted that clown into office.

But I do find it interesting that the article does point out, that based upon FBI statistics from 2010 to 2014, less than 4% of all gun related murders were committed using a rifle, or assault rifle. And then the article states, "nationally, handguns are used in the majority of gun murders." Further the article reads, "Only seven states (currently) have laws regulating the sale and possession of certain military style weapons." What the article FAILS to tell the readers, is that through simple math, that would mean 86% of states in the US have NO such laws regulating the sale and possession of an Assault Rifle. 86% vs 14% hmmm.......

We have also shared ideas of preparedness and setting yourself up as a victim of a crime. And the conclusion that I have reached, is that the LIBERAL NEW MEDIA does an ENORMOUS disservice to it's readers by giving them a false sense of security in trying to convince other LIBERALS that an Assault Rifle Ban would somehow cure or stop needless and senseless shootings that have happened and will continue to happen. And I dare say that considering the time period mentioned in The Guardian article, DOJ sales statics have shown that literally hundreds of THOUSANDS (and probably millions by now) of Assault Rifle, have been sold LEGALLY within the US, making Barack Obama and Joe Biden, the best Assault Rifle Salesman in the history of the United States.

But what I find most puzzling, is that within those seven states mentioned above, and throughout the nation (where people like AOC get elected), what is truly frightening, is the display of the intelligence (lack thereof), common sense and down right STUPIDITY of the General Public that elects these MORONS into office. And then the LIBERAL MEDIA convinces those airheads to believe falsities that only make things worse and has STUPID PEOPLE actually believing their CRAP! Oh my.....

There is no shortage of rank stupidity anywhere in this country, or bias and fear mongering in any of our media outlets. CNN, MSNBC, and others are willfully ignorant on firearms. Fox, OANN, Newsmax, and others are willfully ignorant fearmongers on others. The best thing we as citizens can do is sift through the biases, listen to the arguments of all sides, stop falling for the fear-based appeals to emotion, and be knowledgeable about the issues.

There is no shortage of rank stupidity anywhere in this country, or bias and fear mongering in any of our media outlets. CNN, MSNBC, and others are willfully ignorant on firearms. Fox, OANN, Newsmax, and others are willfully ignorant fearmongers on others. The best thing we as citizens can do is sift through the biases, listen to the arguments of all sides, stop falling for the fear-based appeals to emotion, and be knowledgeable about the issues.
Good words to listen to.

Yeah, but every network you just named is not a network anyone with any sense would turn to for unbiased news. Can you name a “Mainstream” news network that doesn’t lean left?
We should be able to turn in the news and just get the news.

Yeah, but every network you just named is not a network anyone with any sense would turn to for unbiased news. Can you name a “Mainstream” news network that doesn’t lean left?
We should be able to turn in the news and just get the news.
Is your argument with the networks I listed or with my point? The days of Cronkite, Bradley, and Murrow are gone. They couldn't last today because they wouldn't give our stupid country the fuel for our reactive rage addiction, what with their thoughtful analysis and lack of hyperbole. Thats not about the networks, that's about us. They feed us crap because it's what we want and it sells. Tucker or Lemon to spew some disingenuous, self righteous nonsense we can use to get whipped up without thinking. Fox is pretty mainstream, they tout their ratings incessantly. If they get more viewers than CNN, they're mainstream. Regardless, my point stands. Be knowledgeable, think critically, read outside your bubble.

In a 16th-century essay Niccolo Machiavelli advanced the idea that to successfully govern a nation rulers needed to learn the art of subtle lying. He wrote that "occasionally words must serve to veil the facts." Today it seems that the media has become the propaganda tool used by our leaders to distort the facts. History has taught them that the bigger the lie, the more people buy into it despite strong evidence to the contrary. Today's media is hardly subtle in their efforts to cover up the facts which makes it almost impossible for the average person to be knowledgeable about the issues.

In a 16th-century essay Niccolo Machiavelli advanced the idea that to successfully govern a nation rulers needed to learn the art of subtle lying. He wrote that "occasionally words must serve to veil the facts." Today it seems that the media has become the propaganda tool used by our leaders to distort the facts. History has taught them that the bigger the lie, the more people buy into it despite strong evidence to the contrary. Today's media is hardly subtle in their efforts to cover up the facts which makes it almost impossible for the average person to be knowledgeable about the issues.
It definitely takes work. Going with the point of this thread, if more people actually looked at FBI stats and learned how a semi auto works instead of getting whipped up about the scary black rifle this stuff wouldn't be an issue. It's easier and more satisfying to think tons of murders are done with assault rifles and get pissed off, though, so people don't put in the time to learn anything. That kind of thing is present across the whole spectrum of politics and topics.

Is your argument with the networks I listed or with my point? The days of Cronkite, Bradley, and Murrow are gone. They couldn't last today because they wouldn't give our stupid country the fuel for our reactive rage addiction, what with their thoughtful analysis and lack of hyperbole. Thats not about the networks, that's about us. They feed us crap because it's what we want and it sells. Tucker or Lemon to spew some disingenuous, self righteous nonsense we can use to get whipped up without thinking. Fox is pretty mainstream, they tout their ratings incessantly. If they get more viewers than CNN, they're mainstream. Regardless, my point stands. Be knowledgeable, think critically, read outside your bubble.
The whole reason opinion is accepted as objective journalism today is because the big three alphabet networks started covertly injecting editorialism in their “ News” programs in the late 80s.
My argument, if you want to call it that, isn’t with anything you said. I’m merely pointing out that Fox News, MSDNC, CNN and OAN wouldn’t exist today if liberals hadn’t turned a blind eye to biased reporting, primarily in the 90s during the Clinton administration. So when I hear liberals complain about biased “ Journalism” ( and this isn’t directed at you or the post you made) I have to chuckle. It’s the same reaction I have when I hear urban liberals who repeatedly vote in democrats, for 5 decades now, complain about violence, poverty and racism.

Yeah...

The Guardian is a UK based newspaper...all this faux outrage over something that comes from outside the US.

Just sayin’.
I got curious and took a look at their "About Us" pages. Here's an excerpt:

"We are committed to upholding our reputation for urgent, powerful reporting on the climate emergency, and made the decision to reject advertising from fossil fuel companies, divest from the oil and gas industries, and set a course to achieve net zero emissions by 2030."

"With no shareholders or billionaire owner, we set our own agenda and provide journalism that’s free from commercial and political influence."

🤔

Back