testtest

Another one gone......

Saw them in concert several times over the years. Good hard working honest rock... one of the distinct sounds in rock.

Rest easy music man, another big concert in the heavens tonight.

Last edited:
BTO was big in St. Louis. Especially in the very early days before they went major league. As is the case with a lot of bands ( Rush, REO Speedwagon, Sammy Hagar, etc.) K-SHE '95 played a big part in launching their careers. I grew up on K-SHE. Their mascot is a pig named Sweet Meat who had a joint hanging out of his mouth. All us kids had t-shirts. They stole the pig logo from a British band called Bloodwyne Pig. K-SHE '95 is the longest running rock station in the world.

Anyway, I liked The Guess Who better. Their music was much more advanced, melodic and technical. BTO was sort of like the AC/DC of "Classic Rock". 3 chord type stuff. Takin' Care of Business was a staple in my earliest working bands. It was easy and people dug it. I dug it. Not as much as Hand Me Down World, Bad Time and the rest of The Guess Who catalog, but... Really back then I was way more into Mark Farner and Grand Funk Railroad.

Anyway, RIP Tim and thanks for the music bro.

Back