testtest

Another P320 Lawsuit

Hi guys,

I know this is an older thread but this is new news to me. I searched the forum and found this thread and thought it would be better to add this information rather than starting a new thread.

I heard a clip on my local news this morning about the Milwaukee Police Department suing the city of Milwaukee (but not Sig?) over the troubles experienced with their latest duty weapon.

The most recent "AD" happened with a holstered firearm.

The police association threatened a lawsuit a year ago if the firearms were not replaced.

The news report from this morning said they have not had a response from Sig Sauer. It seems the Sig P320 has had issues for some time but the manufacturer has not issued a recall.

I take it none of you P320 owners have had an "AD" issue. Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
There was an upgrade program where they would fix your gun for free if it fell within a certain manufacture timeframe.
That has been ongoing for a long time…

No new info at all.

No one has proven that the firearm discharged on its own

Hi guys,

I know this is an older thread but this is new news to me. I searched the forum and found this thread and thought it would be better to add this information rather than starting a new thread.

I heard a clip on my local news this morning about the Milwaukee Police Department suing the city of Milwaukee (but not Sig?) over the troubles experienced with their latest duty weapon.

The most recent "AD" happened with a holstered firearm.

The police association threatened a lawsuit a year ago if the firearms were not replaced.

The news report from this morning said they have not had a response from Sig Sauer. It seems the Sig P320 has had issues for some time but the manufacturer has not issued a recall.

I take it none of you P320 owners have had an "AD" issue. Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences.

BassCliff
Nothing to see here, move along.

SigSauer created a voluntary Upgrade Program in 2019 - that is still active today. They will upgrade any P320 made in 2019 or earlier at no cost to the owner to the new spec trigger/sear system. Their turnaround time is typically 1 week or less. Despite this, I know many people who have opted not to send their guns in because they could not possibly be without it.

I can tell you I was there when a certain forum member with 1 1/2 good eyes dropped his P320 Max Michel on a concrete floor without managing to shoot either of us.

There was an upgrade program where they would fix your gun for free if it fell within a certain manufacture timeframe.
That has been ongoing for a long time…

No new info at all.

No one has proven that the firearm discharged on its own

SigSauer created a voluntary Upgrade Program in 2019 - that is still active today. They will upgrade any P320 made in 2019 or earlier at no cost to the owner to the new spec trigger/sear system. Their turnaround time is typically 1 week or less. Despite this, I know many people who have opted not to send their guns in because they could not possibly be without it.

I can tell you I was there when a certain forum member with 1 1/2 good eyes dropped his P320 Max Michel on a concrete floor without managing to shoot either of us.
My thought on this, yes there was/is a voluntary upgrade program going on, but how many people actually do this to be honest, yes there has been several AD’s, but do you actually think that if someone shot there selves they will admit it. When I was still working at my sheriffs dept, in the mens locker room, a deputy accidentally fired his weapon into the door, when he was confronted about what just happened, he plainly refused his gun went off, my point, he didn’t take the responsibility of his actions, so do we believe these incidents can be believed.

My thought on this, yes there was/is a voluntary upgrade program going on, but how many people actually do this to be honest, yes there has been several AD’s, but do you actually think that if someone shot there selves they will admit it. When I was still working at my sheriffs dept, in the mens locker room, a deputy accidentally fired his weapon into the door, when he was confronted about what just happened, he plainly refused his gun went off, my point, he didn’t take the responsibility of his actions, so do we believe these incidents can be believed.
No. I think every one of them was a negligent discharge plain and simple. And most of them were committed by people who though they were officers, were woefully undertrained. Obviously.

Hi all,

I did not mean to re-open a can of worms here. A very recent local news story piqued my interest and I wanted to tap into the hive mind mentality on the subject of the P320. I know some folks don't care for TTAG but I found this article very reasonable and enlightening...

Let me be clear. I loathe holding firearms manufacturers responsible for "stupid human tricks" just as much as I loathe holding manufacturers liable for illegal uses of their products. That was not my intention.

I appreciate you all sharing your thoughts.

BassCliff

Back