testtest

Another senseless death

HayesGreener

Hellcat
PSA. At least once a year I read about one of these senseless tragedies involving a child. I am all for women carrying in a purse, but NEVER without a holster that covers the trigger guard. Please educate those around you. Applies to pocket carry or any other off-body carry as well.

Tennessee mother accidentally shot, killed teen daughter while rummaging in purse for keys: police

A tragedy for certain, and one that could be completely avoided by simple, common gun handling sense. Never pocket carry a weapon “loose” without a holster that covers the trigger guard and never, ever, put other crap of any kind in the pocket/compartment that houses the holstered firearm. Poor woman will have to live with this for the rest of her life.☹️

PSA. At least once a year I read about one of these senseless tragedies involving a child. I am all for women carrying in a purse, but NEVER without a holster that covers the trigger guard. Please educate those around you. Applies to pocket carry or any other off-body carry as well.

Tennessee mother accidentally shot, killed teen daughter while rummaging in purse for keys: police

So tragic. 😢 I have a couple of CC handbags, I don’t use them because it doesn’t feel right. I wouldn’t dream of dropping a pistol into my purse, not even in a pocket holster. I hate large handbags anyway.

my wife has pocket books, that have at least 1 compartment for items, like keys for instance, don't most have this extra compartment or 2..???
My wife has at least three purses that are made for CC. They each have a special compartment that is totally separate from all the others made especially for a firearm. It zips open vertically on the sides rather than across the top. Both sides allow for either hand draw. Lined with Velcro on both front and rear walls and has a vinyl holster with Velcro patches on both sides to hold the holster in whatever position the carrier needs. I think they're pretty expensive, but well made and I really like the design. Oh yeh, the shoulder strap is leather, about an inch wide but has a stainless wire in the middle of it from one end to the other. Prevents the strap from being cut with a sharp knife.

My wife has at least three purses that are made for CC. They each have a special compartment that is totally separate from all the others made especially for a firearm. It zips open vertically on the sides rather than across the top. Both sides allow for either hand draw. Lined with Velcro on both front and rear walls and has a vinyl holster with Velcro patches on both sides to hold the holster in whatever position the carrier needs. I think they're pretty expensive, but well made and I really like the design. Oh yeh, the shoulder strap is leather, about an inch wide but has a stainless wire in the middle of it from one end to the other. Prevents the strap from being cut with a sharp knife.
i looked at my wifes pocket books (2 that she uses often) yesterday in fact, after i posted..she has 2 compartments, one that zips, the other has a snap button.

only my way of thinking is that the ladies should have easy access to the gun, and to always carry the purse, in a direction that when (or if) they have to pull out that gun, it is orientated in the direction to shoot.

you know what i mean..??

if they carry the purse say on the other arm/shoulder, and forget, then try to draw, in a hurry, the gun can just as easily be pointed backwards......in the hurriedness of the draw, no one has time to fumble with the direction it needs to be pointed into.

same can be said for the pocket books that have zippers on the sides, for a quick draw.......they need to carry that purse, in the direction needed for a quick pull out, rather than to grab the barrell.

Back