testtest

Another shortage?

Oh my, we only got 282 million pounds of butter stocked up nationwide? We are really going to need to ration. Haha, sarcasm aside, I never take any real threat from these reports. Its always something, and it always is fine. Wasn't there a "Turkey shortage" last year, did anyone not get a turkey for Thanksgiving? Even in the 2020 TP crisis I was still comfortably supplied. Interesting read though, thanks for sharing!

well i was at the grocery store many times, and our favorite store brand of margarine was not to be found, for like 5 weeks. we had to resort to Land-o-Lakes tub margarine instead.

now yes, margarine/butter are different, but the Mrs and i need the margarine over the butter.

just recently as last week in fact, the store had thier brand of margarine available...

maybe the dang cows are on strike, and just fed up with eating grass and hay and oats, and wanna start a better diet of turkey, and mashed potatoes, and triple fudge sundaes instead..????

Probably a lot of dairy farms are going out of business. High costs and low raw milk prices are to blame. Every day a new subdivison springs up where a dairy farm once stood, and besides, no young person could afford to buy the land needed to support an active dairy farm anyway. But, if you have enough space in the back yard for a milk cow you could be in the butter business in no time:
1664827658790.png

Probably a lot of dairy farms are going out of business. High costs and low raw milk prices are to blame. Every day a new subdivison springs up where a dairy farm once stood, and besides, no young person could afford to buy the land needed to support an active dairy farm anyway. But, if you have enough space in the back yard for a milk cow you could be in the butter business in no time:
View attachment 31298
corporations are buying up the smaller farmers.

they have more money than God and can survive tough times.

it would not surprise me one bit, if many of those land developments are divisions of the big corporations that put the farmers out. recouping thier money

Back