testtest

Another story of Self-Defense from the great state of Texas

Well, I don't live very near the city anymore. In fact I live quite a ways out in the sticks so it would be the meth heads and Fentanyl freaks hanging in their closets.
FB_IMG_1665408990770.jpg

I am currently ( among many other lovely, back breaking, time consuming "chores" like privacy fence and deck building, endless welding projects and auto repair) making bird houses and a bat house.
When I worked nights at FedEx bats would dive bomb the flood lights around the building chasing bugs. Every once in a while they would fly past my head. I never had one bother me though.

FB_IMG_1665409002668.jpg

This guy is about the size of a tennis ball.

FB_IMG_1665409012008.jpg

I did security at a propane storage facility for several years. One morning in October I was doing my first tank yard check of the shift when I found this guy hanging on one of the blast walls.

It was the week of Halloween so when I first saw it I thought it was a joke. I thought somebody had put a black paper bat on the wall as a Halloween decoration.

Then I realized that it was a real bat. It was sick otherwise it wouldn't have been kicked out of its colony. It hung on that wall for 3 days and then it disappeared. I assumed it died. I know bats are very susceptible to Rabies but it never behaved aggressively towards me.

The story was great. I too was distracted by the news video about San Francisco Dem's wanting to ban security guards from carrying firearms OTJ. That city has already been decimated beyond recovery, and they want to make it worse...
Have you been to San Francisco? Because it is nothing like you've described. The city has been challenged by the movement towards work from home. People are moving to less expensive areas or places they've always wanted to live. And downtown businesses are closing because of diminished lunch business. But it is still a great town.

When I worked nights at FedEx bats would dive bomb the flood lights around the building chasing bugs. Every once in a while they would fly past my head. I never had one bother me though.

View attachment 41582

This guy is about the size of a tennis ball.

View attachment 41583

I did security at a propane storage facility for several years. One morning in October I was doing my first tank yard check of the shift when I found this guy hanging on one of the blast walls.

It was the week of Halloween so when I first saw it I thought it was a joke. I thought somebody had put a black paper bat on the wall as a Halloween decoration.

Then I realized that it was a real bat. It was sick otherwise it wouldn't have been kicked out of its colony. It hung on that wall for 3 days and then it disappeared. I assumed it died. I know bats are very susceptible to Rabies but it never behaved aggressively towards me.
We've had them fly in the house late at night from grandkids running in & out. Lol.

We've had them fly in the house late at night from grandkids running in & out. Lol.
We have them in the eves of the barn during spring and fall. They are cool to watch as they catch insects in flight. Need to be careful with them though as many carry rabies. Best advice is if you wake up with a bat in the room get to a doctor and check for a bite. The book Rabid is fascinating and reveals much about rabies in history and folklore.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230724_081740_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230724_081740_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    513 KB · Views: 68
Back