testtest

Any assault weapons you bought legally last week are now illegal Jan 1st.

…but the smoking weed is still legal to buy, sell and possess, right ?
And soon just smelling it in a car is not probable cause to suspect DUI.

Ex post facto = you’ll need a lawyer in court to argue for the dismissal. No judge will make this process an in and out, one day adjudication.
Their intention is to crowd the courts, hammer the law abiding with continued multiple hearings, excessive legal fees, loss of work, income and other personal burdens including public excoriations.

…but the smoking weed is still legal to buy, sell and possess, right ?
And soon just smelling it in a car is not probable cause to suspect DUI.

Ex post facto = you’ll need a lawyer in court to argue for the dismissal. No judge will make this process an in and out, one day adjudication.
Their intention is to crowd the courts, hammer the law abiding with continued multiple hearings, excessive legal fees, loss of work, income and other personal burdens including public excoriations.
Unless I miss my guess, the U.S. Supreme Court will jerk a knot in someone's tail over this law.

Their intent is to wear gun owners down. They know that to defend your rights you'll have to spend 10 times or more than what your rifle cost to go to court. In court you'll probably find that the deck is stacked against you and it's almost impossible to win without further going into debt big time. Lady Justice should weep.

I think the SCOTUS will side with the State/locality up to a point, but the States have yet to offer up any lawful reasonings other than all-out bans based on emotion rather than scope of the law and The Constitution. Much of this could and should have been sorted almost 20 years ago.

As for ATF, the arguments haven’t been presented as to their enactment of laws to which they have no authority to establish other than Executive Orders from the dimwit.

Troubling is the amount of back and forth between courts overriding and overruling each other. This ping-pong match has to stop somewhere just for the sake of ridiculousness with frivolous attempts to sabotage and bastardize the rule of law.

Their intent is to wear gun owners down. They know that to defend your rights you'll have to spend 10 times or more than what your rifle cost to go to court. In court you'll probably find that the deck is stacked against you and it's almost impossible to win without further going into debt big time. Lady Justice should weep.
Agreed, if they can’t prosecute law abiding gun owners then they will create any law they can to use to arrest and put law abiding gun owners in the poor house defending themselves.

So, four boxes diner and NAGR both have videos laying out their rebuttal to the states weak argument. NSSF has joined the fray with powerhouse lawyers that the court respects. We'll see. I'm thinking emergency stay may be enacted. I'm also hoping that once the case is finalized and it's been appealed up to the Supreme court that it finally gets the disposition it deserves. Hopefully certain clowns wearing judges robes, whether civil or appellate get spanked by the Supreme Court and schooled on the fact that they are ruling by ancient history.

Oh and these bills were on the floor today. They’re not going to stop until they over regulate everything that has anything to do with firearms.

HB676:

1.) Changes hunting restrictions from 300 yards to 1,000 yards
2.) Creates a task force to explore requiring liability insurance on firearms.
3.) Requirement to have a FOID card to acquire, possess, or transfer Tannerite. Penalty enhancement of Class 4 Felony
4.) Domestic Violence order of Protection Changes

a.) as a remedy the court can order firearms turned over to law enforcement. Used to be able to transfer them to a person with a FOID card

b.) Can confiscate firearms without the defendant being present in a hearing.

Issue: If a person that transfers their firearms to law enforcement and subsequently loses their FOID, there is potentially no way to transfer the firearms back. Under current law the courts have at their discretion the ability to order the firearms destroyed. Imagine having a 100K collection, and the court destroys the firearms.

HB218, Am #1:

This is the Attorney General's attempt to create the language for cause of action against manufacturers and individuals that deceptively sell firearms.

Why are you stuck there and how far from the Missouri border are you ? Commuting not an option ?
I’m in Cook County and a little over an hour from the Wisconsin border, I’ve considered moving behind the cheddar curtain but my daily commute would be a minimum of 3 hours a day in good traffic. Indiana would be the same problem and I’ve got to work another 10 years minimum before I can even think about retirement. Once I retire I’ll be a southbound vapor trail out of this state. My job (lineman for AT&T) doesn’t transfer out of state without losing 23 years of seniority, if it did transfer I would’ve been gone decades ago.

I’m in Cook County and a little over an hour from the Wisconsin border, I’ve considered moving behind the cheddar curtain but my daily commute would be a minimum of 3 hours a day in good traffic. Indiana would be the same problem and I’ve got to work another 10 years minimum before I can even think about retirement. Once I retire I’ll be a southbound vapor trail out of this state. My job (lineman for AT&T) doesn’t transfer out of state without losing 23 years of seniority, if it did transfer I would’ve been gone decades ago.
I get it. I work for a utility too. Gas company. I can't transfer without losing my seniority either.

On a side bar, I don't like the fact that AT&T has hired contractors who employ South Americans with shovels and rambores to put in their Level 3. I'm sure those Mexicans are being paid very low wages and much like the roofers of 30 years ago, the siding installers of 20 years ago and the floor layers of 10 years ago, I see my skilled job being turned into menial labor by greedy bastards willing to exploit dirt poor S. Americans while enticing them to over run this country.

Sorry. I was on street next to them all day today.

Good luck brother. And stay safe.

I get it. I work for a utility too. Gas company. I can't transfer without losing my seniority either.

On a side bar, I don't like the fact that AT&T has hired contractors who employ South Americans with shovels and rambores to put in their Level 3. I'm sure those Mexicans are being paid very low wages and much like the roofers of 30 years ago, the siding installers of 20 years ago and the floor layers of 10 years ago, I see my skilled job being turned into menial labor by greedy bastards willing to exploit dirt poor S. Americans while enticing them to over run this country.

Sorry. I was on street next to them all day today.

Good luck brother. And stay safe.
Ah see there’s the rub, AT&T doesn’t hire them! Per the agreement with the union any contractors have to be union in order to get the contract BUT there’s nothing in the contract saying they can’t sub it out to whomever they want as long as things are completed correctly and “to spec”. To spec apparently has a very loose meaning and they usually get it right the 8th or 9th time. We stopped fixing subcontractors mistakes and tell the boss and schedulers to shove it and hold the people doing things wrong accountable. Luckily for everyone we don’t contract out aerial work or **** would be falling from the sky.

Ah see there’s the rub, AT&T doesn’t hire them! Per the agreement with the union any contractors have to be union in order to get the contract BUT there’s nothing in the contract saying they can’t sub it out to whomever they want as long as things are completed correctly and “to spec”. To spec apparently has a very loose meaning and they usually get it right the 8th or 9th time. We stopped fixing subcontractors mistakes and tell the boss and schedulers to shove it and hold the people doing things wrong accountable. Luckily for everyone we don’t contract out aerial work or **** would be falling from the sky.
Kinda the same thing here. Contractors got their foot in the door and are currently putting main and services in, sometimes subbing the bores out to another company. Which I thought was shady. I know when I was a contractor you couldn't sub work out from a sub, but I guess you can now. Our union let it happen too.

Back