testtest

Any assault weapons you bought legally last week are now illegal Jan 1st.

Quick little story. A couple years ago I was on a mini digging up a gas main in N. St. Louis on the corner of Marcus and St. Louis Ave. I guy in a blacked out Escalade come screaming down Marcus toward me. I hear what sounds like bottle rockets wizz by my ear and a second later I hear the report from the .45 he was firing at me. So I jump off my tractor and get behind it on the ground. There's an AT&T guy on the side of a house across the street. He runs over and picks me up and asks if I'm ok. I tell him I'm fine. He gets in his truck and leaves, leaving his tools and ladder behind. I finished digging my hole killing the service I was abandoning.

These are the holes in the house directly behind me. Missed me by less than a foot. We counted 15-20 .45 casings in the intersection.

XQARbz8.jpg

9HIx2Lu.jpg

I feel for you guys. I'm a field tech for a heavy equipment dealer in the Chicagoland area. It's common to be dispatched anywhere. I can cover from little village, to the southeast side to the near west all in the same day. Every jobsite you roll on, the job board states all the OSHA & DOL required propaganda and the no firearms placard. Really?! When you're wrenching, you don't have awareness of your surroundings. You count on your brothers and sisters to kinda watch over ya while they're doing their thing. But this God forsaken state wants to ban body armor as well. We're doomed, we're never going to make it!
3185zh.jpg

I feel for you guys. I'm a field tech for a heavy equipment dealer in the Chicagoland area. It's common to be dispatched anywhere. I can cover from little village, to the southeast side to the near west all in the same day. Every jobsite you roll on, the job board states all the OSHA & DOL required propaganda and the no firearms placard. Really?! When you're wrenching, you don't have awareness of your surroundings. You count on your brothers and sisters to kinda watch over ya while they're doing their thing. But this God forsaken state wants to ban body armor as well. We're doomed, we're never going to make it! View attachment 39407
I started wearing a vest right after the above mentioned incident.

I’ve replaced miles of cables in and around Chicago that had bullet holes in them, almost got mugged while on a pole 3 stories up (CPD saved my ass), been shot at a few times, had someone try to steal my bucket truck while I was in the bucket and had a dealer using the shadow of my bucket and umbrella as shade while he was selling.
Company policy is zero tolerance for employees carrying firearms while on duty and they’re not even allowed in locked personal vehicles on company property. My guns stay at home since I don’t have to work in Chicago city limits very often and when I do we bring an army of large angry men with and get done with extreme quickness. Problem is now the burbs are getting really bad and I work alone quite a bit and the last thing I want is more weight from a level 3 vest while I climb poles.

I’ve replaced miles of cables in and around Chicago that had bullet holes in them, almost got mugged while on a pole 3 stories up (CPD saved my ass), been shot at a few times, had someone try to steal my bucket truck while I was in the bucket and had a dealer using the shadow of my bucket and umbrella as shade while he was selling.
Company policy is zero tolerance for employees carrying firearms while on duty and they’re not even allowed in locked personal vehicles on company property. My guns stay at home since I don’t have to work in Chicago city limits very often and when I do we bring an army of large angry men with and get done with extreme quickness. Problem is now the burbs are getting really bad and I work alone quite a bit and the last thing I want is more weight from a level 3 vest while I climb poles.
There's always ceramic or soft armor with level 3.

Yeah we aren’t “ allowed” to carry either.

Level IIIA vest is soft armor, but it’s not comfortable to work in and it’s hot as hell. At least mine is. I’ve seen some new ones out now that look much better but thankfully I don’t work in N St. Louis anymore. It’s been a couple years since I wore a vest or felt the need to have a gun on my person while working.

Back