testtest

Any bet takers?

If Maduro follows through with it, and it isn't just distracting bluster to take attention away from his many failings, I actually don't think there will be much of a war unless other players get involved. Guyana has little promise of being able to stand up to the Venezuelan army. More likely it will just be an outright annexation with little pushback other than stern condemnation by some neighboring countries and the West.

Yeah…France will step into that one real quick, and it’ll end then.

That's in interesting take.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I think the world dictators are all working together. They will strive to initiate war on so many fronts, that it will divide the American military in enough conflicts that it will weaken us at home, opening us up for an attack here on the mainland.

Now I also realize that we have a MASSIVE military, so not sure we'd ever get THAT distracted or spilt-up. But when you have the military might if countries that are SO much larger than active U.S. personnel, it makes me very nervous. China has 2.1 million active duty personnel, India has 1.4 mil, and North Korea has 1.2 mil. We sit at almost 1.4 million.

Considering we now have 7-8 million illegal immigrants who have entered the country over the past 3 years, this makes things a little more scary than they used to be. Attacks from within are highly likely.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I think the world dictators are all working together. They will strive to initiate war on so many fronts, that it will divide the American military in enough conflicts that it will weaken us at home, opening us up for an attack here on the mainland.

Now I also realize that we have a MASSIVE military, so not sure we'd ever get THAT distracted or spilt-up. But when you have the military might if countries that are SO much larger than active U.S. personnel, it makes me very nervous. China has 2.1 million active duty personnel, India has 1.4 mil, and North Korea has 1.2 mil. We sit at almost 1.4 million.

Considering we now have 7-8 million illegal immigrants who have entered the country over the past 3 years, this makes things a little more scary than they used to be. Attacks from within are highly likely.

Somebody’s watched “Red Dawn” one too many times.

None—NONE of those countries have the ability to project force. Even China can’t project much further than the western Pacific…and they’re not dumb enough to kick anything off; all the US would need to do is reneg on their loans, and their economy would be crippled.

There’s not going to be an invasion of the US…

Yah. Why go to the trouble and expense of parachuting your invading army in, when you can have them simply walk across the border, sign up for free chow and housing, and get free transportation to whatever part of the country you (or they) choose? What could be simpler, komrade? :eek:
My eyeroll is causing tremors in Alaska.

Yah. Why go to the trouble and expense of parachuting your invading army in, when you can have them simply walk across the border, sign up for free chow and housing, and get free transportation to whatever part of the country you (or they) choose? What could be simpler, komrade? :eek:

Are we still talking about Venezuela?

That part of Guyana is jungle with few roads so any mechanized intrusion can be easily stopped by Spec Ops, plus all of Venezuela's forces are for show.

Brazil is deploying forces to the tri-border area, and all the US needs to do is put a USMC ARG & MEU with F-35Bs on an LHA on training maneuvers off the Guyana coast, a detachment of KC-130Ts and AV-8B+Harrier IIs to the Guyana capital airport, and all this blows over.

The question is is the current admin smart enough to do that.

Last edited:
Back