testtest

Any PC gamers.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Duke Nukem 3D count? ;). That and the original Quake on an IPX network when I worked at Motorola were the bomb - we would play it on our lunch hours and after hours. One day the network admin came around knocking on the door of a locked lab around 6pm, as he was trying to figure out what all the after-hours IPX network traffic was about.... he gave us his "off the record" blessing as long as it was not during work hours...

Around 1994 our second kid came, and I just lost time for gaming, and since then have migrated to Apple computers, which are second class citizens for gaming.

I do have a "home PC" desktop that I maintain, but the last game I played on my home PC was Skyrim a number of years ago, because it looked cool on my son's Xbox or Xbox 360 I guess. That PC is still in use, but as a Linux file and web server for my home office. I doubt the 8 to 10 year old Nvidia card is very useful for modern games...

Does Duke Nukem 3D count? ;). That and the original Quake on an IPX network when I worked at Motorola were the bomb - we would play it on our lunch hours and after hours. One day the network admin came around knocking on the door of a locked lab around 6pm, as he was trying to figure out what all the after-hours IPX network traffic was about.... he gave us his "off the record" blessing as long as it was not during work hours...

Around 1994 our second kid came, and I just lost time for gaming, and since then have migrated to Apple computers, which are second class citizens for gaming.

I do have a "home PC" desktop that I maintain, but the last game I played on my home PC was Skyrim a number of years ago, because it looked cool on my son's Xbox or Xbox 360 I guess. That PC is still in use, but as a Linux file and web server for my home office. I doubt the 8 to 10 year old Nvidia card is very useful for modern games...
Quake. That's a blast from the past! I actually was running it on my Sega Saturn (that should tell how old I am). I was always a console gamer (I even had an Atari Jaguar with Alien vs. Predator!).

I played an old attack helicopter game, "Comanche" for awhile.

Made it through all scenarios but the last, which seemed unwinnable. Had to use a seperate joystick and throttle (HOTAS) units to fly it like a real machine.

Pretty realistic with terrain following and watching out for ADSs (Triple A and SAMs). Just no 3D and G forces.

I always wish that some one would make an affordable home simulator to sit in to fly it with wrap-around screens for 360.

Last edited:
Are there any PC gamers here? I used to be big into the PC games back in the day, not referring to consoles, just PC’s. I have played Quake II, Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament 2004, COD 4 Modern Warfare, COD 5 World at War, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, also Doom 3. I used to help run a Quake II server for my internet provider back when there was dial up, after that, DSL became available in my area, so I got a Unreal Tournament 2004 server with custom maps, and custom mods, then I also ran a COD 4 Modern Warfare server for years. I used to build gaming PC’s also, my name Annihilator, I got from a video card called The Annihilator 2000, I have used that name since 1995 on all my games and forums. Consoles killed the PC gaming market, when you played PC games, it was a whole different type of skill set, you used your keyboard, mouse. Sometimes, I miss the old ways.
I also use to build PC's. I had about 50 of them sprinkled from ME to VA at one point. The games I did play were all computer based. The kids are all over the consoles these days. I just never got into it. I was also the keyboard/mouse type.

In the Quake II game, not to many knew that if you dropped the tilde key down and opened the command box, if you typed “god”,
this gave you all the weapons and made you invincible, jmcd, I just mostly made them for friends and family who wanted a gaming machine, I had a X-Box for a bit, didn’t like it, to me, PC was best.

Doom II, Quake, the Duke, Frankenstein, All the Mario's on the Console.
We have a bunch of consoles from the Bally Home Library to Xboxes and all the Nintendo's.
For some reason really liked the game Rage.

I always wish that some one would make an affordable home simulator to sit in to fly it with wrap-around screens for 360.
You and me both.... Have the Yoke and Pedals which is fun... New MSFS coming out.

I have logged couple hundred hours in the B-52 and KC-135 simulators. Lot of fun but didn't
have the visuals at the time. Almost pulled off a loop with the B-52.

Are there any PC gamers here? I used to be big into the PC games back in the day, not referring to consoles, just PC’s. I have played Quake II, Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament 2004, COD 4 Modern Warfare, COD 5 World at War, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, also Doom 3. I used to help run a Quake II server for my internet provider back when there was dial up, after that, DSL became available in my area, so I got a Unreal Tournament 2004 server with custom maps, and custom mods, then I also ran a COD 4 Modern Warfare server for years. I used to build gaming PC’s also, my name Annihilator, I got from a video card called The Annihilator 2000, I have used that name since 1995 on all my games and forums. Consoles killed the PC gaming market, when you played PC games, it was a whole different type of skill set, you used your keyboard, mouse. Sometimes, I miss the old ways.
Well i started Gaming in 1997 or 98 - Only 2 games = Falcon 4.0 allied Force and as time went on the company dropped it and citizens came in and bought the rights and Added some cool stuff -called Bms -Graphics and controls Mind you for 1998 this was an amazing multiplayer game =check it out Every button and switch in the cockpit work from take off to Dog fights to landings -Realistic as it gets -
====2nd Game 1997 -Rainbow 6 since 1st game came out ------Hope link sends you to youtube and not here

I use to be a big time gamer on the PC had the multiple monitors for the flight simulator and first person shooters. For Falcon Gold I had the entire joystick and pedals, made it feel much like the real simulators and realistic flight.

Doom II, Quake, the Duke, Frankenstein, All the Mario's on the Console.
We have a bunch of consoles from the Bally Home Library to Xboxes and all the Nintendo's.
For some reason really liked the game Rage.
Rage was a decent game but too short.

No computer games for me but I've been playing console since Atari. Some favorite more modern games are the Bioshock series and the Fallout series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back