testtest

Any trips plan this summer ?

Hi,

I hope everyone has safe travels this summer, quick recoveries, and enjoys spending time with family.

Our Israel trip is being postponed again until Sept of 2025. Since everything is paid for we're just going to let it ride and hope for the best next year.

In the meantime we are planning a minor trip to Nashville, mostly just to be tourists and take a couple days to visit an old high school friend. You know, to see a show at the Opry and/or the Ryman, eat at Maneet Chauhan's restaurant, do some honky tonkin' on Broadway, etc. It'll be our second visit there. My high school buddy is a retired executive from Curb Records and knows everybody in the music biz there.

We've also booked an Alaskan cruise for this summer with Sebastian Gorka as one of the hosts. Should be interesting. I've never been on a cruise. I took a ferry out to Catalina Island once. Is that the same thing? :LOL:

I can't wait to see all your pictures! Please share.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Buddy is trying to convince me to join him in an iron-butt rally...not sure I want to risk hating a hobby I love for bragging rights...1500 miles in 36 hours seems more pain than pleasure.
Just do it!!
They do certify a 1000 miles in 24 hours ride called a Saddlesore 1000, the 1500 miles ride is a Bun Burner 1500.

The actual "Iron Butt Rally" is usually a ~10 day competition every other year, odd numbered years.
Imagine riding about a thousand miles a day for 10 days in a row!

Here is a link to the route of a 2021 Iron Butt Rally participant I know.
It started in Utah, Indianapolis was one of the Check Points that year.
Because of Covid the 2021 rally didn't include any bonus locations in Alaska, Canada or Mexico. :)

To see an animation of all the 2021 Iron Butt Rally rider routes: see this link: (may take a minute to start)

I’m on sort of a long term vacation.
My current location is Colorado Springs where I’m visiting my son who just moved here. On Monday I’m leaving for
Columbia Falls Montana and then to
Big Creek Campground which is located in Glacier National Park where I’ve accepted a position as Campground Host from May 10th to the end of September.
I’m being given a free campsite and it is a paid position. The only thing I’m responsible for is buying my own food.
Besides being paid for Host duties I’ll be compensated for Gas for Generator use and propane.
A 5 month paid vacation in a National Park how great is that.

Sounds awesome! My husband is having a knee replacement in mid May, so I’m likely going to have to use 80 hours of PTO to help him get back and forth from the VA until he can drive at least. So we likely won’t be going anywhere until at least Labor Day. We’re talking about heading north to see my mom and family in Lethbridge. Maybe take in Banff National Park for a couple of days.
best of luck on his surgery.

Back