testtest

Anybody Have the Springfield XDM Elite OSP 4.5??

Howdy all, considering this new-ish Springer. Anybody have one and shot it enough to provide a recommendation; pro or con??

I cant speak for the 4.5 but......I just added the elite 9mm 5.25 to my collection. It wasn't my first choice but it was in the top 3. Due to lack of availability and finding id have to wait 2-8 months for anything from anywhere or pay stupid expensive prices, I came upon a site that had a handful in stock.
I absolutely love it. Im incredibly impressed by the accuracy out of the box. I have trigger springs on the way, not a whole trigger and kit, (nothing crazy) stock isn't terrible, just changing a couple springs to lighten things up 1.5lbs.
It's not a very fancy gun or particularly special. But for 600.00 all said and done. I wouldn't have it any other way. Im glad this is what I Ianded with. Plus, 3x 22round mags, soft case, replacement neon for front sight and 1 time accessory discounts from Springfield for being a first time buyer....im pretty happy.

I've had a XDM 5.25 45acp for years. It's a great shooter, was my favorite at the range. Recently purchased a XDM Elite 4.5" OSP. So far it's everything it is claimed to be. Very good trigger, it has to be one of the best stock striker triggers. I've fired a few hundred rounds with no issues. It didn't take long to get accustomed to the suppressor-height iron sights. Really like it, so much I purchased another one, now have his and hers. Plan to add Trijicon or Holosun red dot to both.

My standard XDM Elite 4.5" arrived last week, and took it to the range a few days ago. I didn't put as many rounds through it as I normally would due to ammo scarcity, but I shot enough to get a good feel for the gun. I have large hands, so I really liked the feel of the long grip. I'm not usually a fan of flared magwells, but the grip on the Elite is long enough that no part of my hand was even in contact with the magwell. Recoil is pretty mild and the gun is more accurate than I am.
It may be a lack of sophistication on my part, but I didn't really notice any profound difference in the META match trigger and the traditional XD trigger when firing. The trigger is good, but I never had any problems or issues with the standard Mod.2 triggers. More discriminating shooters may appreciate the META more than I do.
I didn't put enough rounds downrange to give a detailed report on reliability, but it ate 100 rounds of assorted 115 gr and 124 gr FMJ from my leftover pile without any issues. I paid around $475 OTD for the Elite and feel that the gun was worth every penny. I probably won't use the Elite as a carry piece, but I strongly suspect that it will become my go-to range toy.

That's a great price!! Where did you find it? Have been swamped with work lately, so haven't had much time to put into this decision. Still find it hard to be the value equation of the big Springers. They're pretty available, since everyone seems to only be interested in sub-compacts and Glocks......

Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore had them for $439 + tax with free shipping. Kentucky Gun Co. has had them off and on for about $470 OTD over the past few weeks. If you check both of those sights, you may still be able to find one. Don't get too discouraged if they show to be out of stock. They seem to be getting regular shipments every week or so.

Back