testtest

Anyone EDC a Hellcat on their ankle?

neil0311

Master Class
Subject says it. Looking for any experiences from people who EDC a Hellcat but do it in an ankle holster.

Too heavy? Works well? And what holsters do folks recommend or not recommend?

Subject says it. Looking for any experiences from people who EDC a Hellcat but do it in an ankle holster.

I have a buddy who carries a 911 in an ankle holster. Seems like it would be about as heavy. I think good, tight fitting holster negates the weight to a significant degree.

Little to no interest in one unless sitting or driving a lot.

I wear a crossbreed ankle holster while inside the house on most occasions. For quiet a while, I was holstering my Version 1 Sheild 9mm. Recently I felt is was a bit heavy, so I switched to holstering my Sig P365. It fits, but if they offered a smaller size (which they might), it would be preferable. The Sig P365 is about the same size as the Hellcat, so I would they're comparable, as not being too heavy, and comfortable. The Shield wasn't bad, just a bit heavier than the P365 and my Hellcat that I wear IWB for my EDC.

I EDC my Hellcat...IWB. Knowing my Hellcat, and knowing my spindly ankles...it wouldn't work for me. Maybe a 911...but not a Hellcat. YMMV, of course. For me, it would simply be too bulky, and if I strapped it tight enough not to clunk around...I wouldn't be able to draw the damn thing if I needed it!

Why are you specifically looking at ankle?

I sometimes carry my Hellcat OSP in a Crossbreed Ankle holster, depending on what I'm doing. I don't have any problems carrying the Hellcat ankle, IWB, OWB or cross draw. It all depends on what I'm wearing or the activity I have planned for the day. The Hellcat has replaced my XD mod2 sub-compact 40, XDM 3.8 45, XDS 3.3 45, mainly because the round count and it's just convenient and versatile.

Last edited:
Why are you specifically looking at ankle?
Just exploring options. I carry a Sig P365XL and also have a Shield.

Got the Hellcat because I was thinking about it for EDC, but doesn’t have a manual thumb safety, and it’s a little too small for me.

I’m thinking about ankle for backup or for when in the car. I also can’t always have my shirt untucked, but want a means to carry. Since I own the Hellcat, and don’t want to buy a .380 mini gun, I wanted to explore maybe using it for ankle carry.

Back