testtest

Anyone else into cooking?

USMC6094

Custom
I myself am an incorrigible dabbler in kitchen and grill magic.......

The stove top, the oven, charcoal, gas, you name it, I'm game.

Steak, pork, chicken, shrimp, burgers, soup...........

I've been nursing along a batch of pasta sauce that seems to be perpetual, and it has only gotten better.

Tonight it's over Angel hair pasta.

The short list of ingredients is: ground beef browned w/peppers, onion, garlic powder, season salt. Simmered with petite diced tomatoes and garlic & oregano sauce, then a few other brand and no name pasta sauces added, along with two or three bay leaves, and oregano. Then cooked on low/medium heat until its bubbling. Then you uncover the pot and let it steep until its nice and thick.

As it's eaten, you add more browned ground beef and your selection of sauce, and other meats, chicken, and pork add texture and flavor as they meld with the sauce.

One day when my metabolism finally calls it quits, I'm gonna weigh 600 pounds.......

I usually cook 3-4 times per week but it normally involves a Big Green Egg. Since Mrs Greener had hip surgery a few weeks ago I have been doing all the cooking exercising my kitchen gourmet muscles. It is a tough act because Mrs Greener is a discriminating diner.

Attachments

• 20171224_162819_resized_1.jpg
    20171224_162819_resized_1.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 60

I've been nursing along a batch of pasta sauce that seems to be perpetual, and it has only gotten better.

The short list of ingredients is: ground beef browned w/peppers, onion, garlic powder, season salt. Simmered with petite diced tomatoes and garlic & oregano sauce, then a few other brand and no name pasta sauces added, along with two or three bay leaves, and oregano. Then cooked on low/medium heat until its bubbling. Then you uncover the pot and let it steep until its nice and thick.

As it's eaten, you add more browned ground beef and your selection of sauce, and other meats, chicken, and pork add texture and flavor as they meld with the sauce.

One day when my metabolism finally calls it quits, I'm gonna weigh 600 pounds.......
when dating my wife said” I’m a great cooker , I make the best spaghetti “ so I was like alright let’s see what you got.
She comes home from the grocery store with a few fresh items and a bottle of Ragu.
At that point I realized her mama Had failed her miserably. Later I found out they both think it’s acceptable to use velvetta as cheese supplement in broccoli and cheese casserole. 🤣 ; I digress.
Luckily I grew up in grandmas kitchen and was often her little helper.
Long story short I too cooked up a real pot homemade spaghetti sauce this weekend.
I recently picked up a black stone and rocked it some during the summer.
I also have a traeger for smoking and an old school Chargrill I use occasionally.
It’s getting about that time to break out the croc pot and do a pot roast or pot of chili.

i don't have a grill, never really wanted one. i do "some" cooking for the Mrs and me, and when the kids were young and at home. the wife really does most of the cooking for the 2 of us.

but i don't cook up anything fancy schmancy....fry up hot dogs, balony, "grilled cheese", a few other smaller things.

i do bake cookies and gooey fudgy brownies for myself, and the grandkids when they come over, in time, the great grand kids as well.

I love to cook, but the mister is on the road so much, I never really know when he is going to be home for dinner. Myself, I am usually walking death after a ten hour shift and a one hour commute, so I eat lots of easy, peasy frozen meals...alone. On the weekend I like to dabble in the kitchen with a new recipe or two...kinda like being a mad chemist :cool:

Went to school for cooking (technically a BS in hotel & restaurant mgt, but 50% of my classes were food-service oriented)...now divorced, 95% of what I eat I make. Without a treadmill in the basement I'd be 600lbs in no time. Learned how to smoke (food, not weed) over the last 5 years...game changer (and calorie adder!).

Who would have known you can smoke, of all things, SALT. What a difference.

Last edited:
Pheasant Cordon Bleu with golden mushroom sour cream sauce and broccoli. The pheasant breast is pounded flat, swiss cheese is rolled inside prosciutto which is rolled inside ham which is rolled inside the pheasant breast, and the whole thing is wrapped in two slices of bacon, on the smoker at 350 until the bacon is done.

Attachments

• 20171102_185207.jpg
    20171102_185207.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 48
Went looking for sirloin cut for kabobs and got bupkiss, settled on some stew meat, and a managers special top sirloin.
The top is marinating in a mix I whipped up out a few drops of yellow mustard, A1, worcestershire sauce, a little creole steak marinate, minced onions, and a few drops of Kinders Wing Sauce (bourbon peach bbq).
It'll soak until about five thirty, about three thirty I'll put a spud in the oven to cook for the time in between. Should be in culinary heaven about seven-ish.....

Went looking for sirloin cut for kabobs and got bupkiss, settled on some stew meat, and a managers special top sirloin.
The top is marinating in a mix I whipped up out a few drops of yellow mustard, A1, worcestershire sauce, a little creole steak marinate, minced onions, and a few drops of Kinders Wing Sauce (bourbon peach bbq).
It'll soak until about five thirty, about three thirty I'll put a spud in the oven to cook for the time in between. Should be in culinary heaven about seven-ish.....
Sounds great! I also use a lot of wheres your sister with beef. Need pic of your presentation!

Just recently got into Sous Vide cooking. My Daughter gave me an Anova Culinary precision pro model cooker for my birthday. I have to admit I was skeptical, but pleasantly surprised. I've cooked several steaks, beef & pork roasts with great results. Has anyone out there tried this?

Try some basil, cinnamon and brown sugar to that recipe next time, chop in 1/4c pine nuts too.
Plenty of salt in those canned sauces so eliminate any additional seasoned or table salt.

Back