testtest

Anyone else into cooking?

Before I made my range trip earlier I browned two pounds of ground beef, one 93/7, the other 85/15, added a cup of diced green peppers & white onions. Seasoned with Italian herbs, season salt, and garlic powder.
Cooked on low heat until it crumbled, then put it an enameled soup pot and added a thawed gallon bag of some sauce I froze last year, then added crushed tomatoes, and some sauce I've never used in my mixology for meat sauce.
Once I get home after diner it'll go back on the stove to steep and equalize, then I'll add the chicken....
And probably tomorrow I'll add some pork and just let all the textures meld on low heat.......
But we'll see.

90/10 is my preferred ratio, for burgers anyway.
I mix 85/15 and 93/7 when I brown ground beef for meat sauce.
When I use the leaner beef to make hamburger patties I mix about a half cup of worcestershire sauce per pound, and add the other seasoning as I mix the ingredients.
OK, I can understand your reasoning. I though prefer a little higher fat content for burgers in general. For meat loaves, chili's, and other dishes using ground meat I can go with a little less fat. And BTW, 'Worcestershire' is always a good thing! (y)

the wife left it to me, to set up tonight's dinner, making spaghetti with olive oil, with garlic and parsley, Parmesan cheese, sprinkled on top.

got much of it set up minutes ago

almost like this..(minus the lemon)

Although I'm not particularly fond of most Italian, that looks pretty good ... at least worth trying. I do enjoy good spaghetti and meat sauce and a few other dishes, obviously pizza, but that's about my limit. I'm a died-n-the-wool deep southerner who grew up in a great big southern family with many great ol' southern comfort food cooks. That's not to say there are not other really good foods/cuisine. I'm just spoiled to that totally unhealthy, but oh so good, southern comfort foods.

Pan fried pork chops are one of my favorites ... as long as they have enough grease to drip from my elbows as I'm eating them!!!! ;):D:LOL: Yeh, uh uh, he said that!

I use 93/7 exclusively.
Just dont overcook it. Med rare 93/7.

I also only go 100% venison when I process meat. No fat filler.

It’s all in knowing how to cook it properly and not dry it out

Low n slow instead of high heat char is the way to go for lean meat.
Can't disagree with anything here, with the slight ??? of the 93/7. I'm one of those who prefers my ground meat to be cooked well done, but not dried out. I'm always conscious of bacteria being ground into ground meat and feel/think to be sure it doesn't hurt me or mine to kill it off by cooking just a little more than I'd actually prefer. However, most any other meat, especially beef I like a little red in the middle with some warm pink toward the seared outside. As for the 100% venison, I couldn't get the wife to even try that. She insisted for some reason it was too strong (wild taste ... whatever that is) and I found that mixing in a little beef fat trimmings resolved all that. Made us both pretty happy! :D:LOL:

Before I made my range trip earlier I browned two pounds of ground beef, one 93/7, the other 85/15, added a cup of diced green peppers & white onions. Seasoned with Italian herbs, season salt, and garlic powder.
Cooked on low heat until it crumbled, then put it an enameled soup pot and added a thawed gallon bag of some sauce I froze last year, then added crushed tomatoes, and some sauce I've never used in my mixology for meat sauce.
Once I get home after diner it'll go back on the stove to steep and equalize, then I'll add the chicken....
And probably tomorrow I'll add some pork and just let all the textures meld on low heat.......
But we'll see.
Is there enough for all of us?

Although I'm not particularly fond of most Italian, that looks pretty good ... at least worth trying. I do enjoy good spaghetti and meat sauce and a few other dishes, obviously pizza, but that's about my limit. I'm a died-n-the-wool deep southerner who grew up in a great big southern family with many great ol' southern comfort food cooks. That's not to say there are not other really good foods/cuisine. I'm just spoiled to that totally unhealthy, but oh so good, southern comfort foods.

Pan fried pork chops are one of my favorites ... as long as they have enough grease to drip from my elbows as I'm eating them!!!! ;):D:LOL: Yeh, uh uh, he said that!
driving down south for the first time as a trucker, i got to enjoy grits, and peach cobbler. (not at the same meal)

chicken fried steak. with white gravy.

Smoked a beercan chicken on the BGE tonight. Used John Henry Chicken Tickler rub. You can't buy chicken that good in a restaurant no matter how hard you try.

Back