testtest

Anyone Rotate There Carry Firearms?

I have always rotated my carry guns based on the weather and my wardrobe. I carry a Sig P365 IWB as my EDC, with a Ruger LCP II in the pocket as a backup. When I can't get away with an untucked shirt or jacket, the LCP II will be pocket-carried as my only gun. When the weather requires a heavy jacket, I'll slip my S&W 351C into an exterior coat pocket. I train frequently with all of my carry guns, so I don't worry about rotation affecting my ability to use whichever gun I'm carrying.

I wouldn’t say I “rotate” my carry guns (to me, that suggests a set pattern); but I definitely don’t carry the same gun every time I carry.

It’ll depend on where I’m going/what I’m doing, how I’m dressed, and, to a certain amount, perceived threat level.

Oh—and my whim. It is kinda fun, every now and again, to get the shoulder holster out for the 6” Anaconda.

I wouldn’t say I “rotate” my carry guns (to me, that suggests a set pattern); but I definitely don’t carry the same gun every time I carry.

It’ll depend on where I’m going/what I’m doing, how I’m dressed, and, to a certain amount, perceived threat level.

Oh—and my whim. It is kinda fun, every now and again, to get the shoulder holster out for the 6” Anaconda.

Like you I switch up also depending circumstances. Hellcat is primary then Shield PC 4".45acp, EMP CCC, Champion .45acp, and a Walther PPS M2 would be my "city" carry guns. RO Elite 10mm or TRP .45acp are my "nature" carry guns. I will leave that last sentence for someone else to make comment but large caliber shoulder carry revolver is nice.

I'm back and forth depending on wardrobe - Hellcat or XD-s 9mm. The Hellcat snags and screws up my nice shirts, so if I wear "nice" clothes it's the XDs. Anything else, Hellcat. They shoot damn near identically for me, and I have them outfitted the same (laser and night sights), so it's literally just a question of capacity and clothing.

No set rotation for my 3 EDC's. Depends on wardrobe, weather, and what I'm doing or where I'm going that day. Have 2 or 3 different holsters for each to give me options on carry method and train regularly with each of them, one EDC and all of its holsters at each range session. So far, it's working well for me.

I like flexibility as well depending on where, when, how long I am staying, etc. The XDS is my main edc because it is comfortable sitting/standing/whatever in appendix carry.

I will carry the 1911 or 10mm when I am doing a lot of standing and feel like Conan.

The main thing is to be familiar with whatever you carry that day.

Back