testtest

Anyone sold on Gunbroker?

benstt

Professional
Founding Member
I set up a seller account so I can try to move my 1863 Springfield replica. They ask for two types of ID and a picture of me with them. Is the site legit and safe? I'm uncomfortable with sending that kind of information out.

I have bought off gunbroker but never sold anything.
Far as buying, if its much $$ I look to make sure the dealer also has a legit public website (ie, its a sporting goods store or LGS or something …)

I think you and I pm’d about that replica; unfortunately my boss has one already to go with his original.

Gun Broker is the EBay for guns.….. Just like anything else on the net, DO YOUR HOMEWORK on the seller.
I have purchased a few pieces off GunBroker and had to have them shipped to a FFL dealer in NJ. My local shop who I do business with has one "dedicated" employee who does Gun Broker deals.
In NJ the FFL dealer will not release mags greater than 10 rounds so be warned if you purchase a gun off GB with a 20 round mag the FFL dealer will NOT give it to you.

I have sold on Gunbroker before. I was not too keen at first but GB is trying to vett the sellers to protect buyers. Gunbroker also has to collect sales tax where it is due. They have to do that now.

Scams have been at an all time high on Gun Broker during the past year and they are not a lot of help if you get taken. Buyers are reluctant to buy from a seller who has a low positive feedback score. Check out local gun shops to see if they list guns there. You'll have to give them a cut, but that's how it goes.

My local shop charges 15% of the final bid price for selling a gun…… The shop has a high score on GB so people are more "enticed" and feel comfortable from buying there.

Scams have been at an all time high on Gun Broker during the past year and they are not a lot of help if you get taken. Buyers are reluctant to buy from a seller who has a low positive feedback score. Check out local gun shops to see if they list guns there. You'll have to give them a cut, but that's how it goes.
Looking at their site I feel same way about gun brokers stay away I wouldn’t not buy ice cream from them

Back