testtest

Anyone with technology issues?

Had a friend who worked for Jet Propulsion Laboratories. He had several PhD's, learned Russian in 6 weeks to work on the International Space Station and traveled all over the world consulting. I got a big kick when he would get frustrated with some computerized home appliance. He would mutter under his breath "I AM a rocket scientist and I can't figure this thing out."

I admit it, I have issues with tech. Going on 70, you would think my wealth of experience would cover this stuff, but nooooooooooo. I built a computer 30 years ago, but give me a new phone or tv. Bah! Installed a new big screen tv yesterday and had to take some Tylenol afterwards. Boy did my head hurt. The logic in my brain doesn't appear to match the Chinese and their instruction manuals. Enough said. I sure do like having a bigger screen. Open Range last night was delightful.

Yes, very complex nowadays. Especially trying to avoid the scammers.

1693518723277.jpeg

Back in the mid-90s the county I worked for invested heavily in Apple computers. In fact the county spent so much with Apple that Steve Jobs made the trip to Richmond, Va, and addressed the county's teachers. I used an Apple daily for about 7 years until Dell presented a lower bid and Apple lost out. Problem was we had a terrible time trying to convert over our documents from Apple to what Dell because they both used a different opperating system. None of the teachers wanted to lose several years of classroom plans and activities and this led to much anguish at the time.
My wife worked for the St. Louis Post Disgrace in the art department until they, being the bastion of progressive liberalism they are, busted the artist's union. Her job consisted of whatever it takes to transfer Mac files ( Linux I think) to Windows. The artists use Macs and the printers use Windows.

The problem, I think, is that modern electronics have too many features to digest. And you're right, the manuals don't help.

It would be nice if modern devices had a limp mode for people who just want a phone, or a TV.

My wife worked for the St. Louis Post Disgrace in the art department until they, being the bastion of progressive liberalism they are, busted the artist's union. Her job consisted of whatever it takes to transfer Mac files ( Linux I think) to Windows. The artists use Macs and the printers use Windows.
Apple does that on purpose. Turns out people blame the new device for Apple's incompatability.

It's more of a Windows incompatibility issue. And a Hewlett Packard incompatibility issue.
You're doing exactly what I am saying. 😝

Actually, Windows does a pretty good job of creating import tools to work around Apple's deliberate incompatabilities.

Hewlett Packard? Kindly explain

Back